Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

went to college and came back with a Dublin accent

Options
  • 14-02-2012 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

first of all id like to say that Im from Dublin and living in the west of Ireland , and I find it very amusing to see people like college students or people working in Dublin to come back ti the wesht with the poshest of Dublin accents , but theres one thing that really rubs me up the wrong way and thats "some" not all who go to Dublin to study or make there money in Dublin and then have the nerve to slate/put down Dublin and it people , I find it very two faced , so I think to myself if these people hate Dublin why not go elsewhere, or at least voice there opinion to there "Dub" co workers or fellow students , just want to say that I like living in the west and I like most of the people ,but I wouldnt go back to Dublin and put down the west , id pick out the good points rather than being two faced and putting the place down

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD COMMENT:
    Please be advised that this is the Philosophy forum, and that we wish discussion framed into a serious philosophical topic. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement