Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a GSM dailer in a aritech CD72 panel

Options
  • 14-02-2012 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hello, is there a module that I can install in a aritech CD72 panel that will call my mobile if the alarm goes off. If this is not possible what panel upgrade would you recommend for a 4 x PIR, 1 door contact, 1 external bell box, 1 internal bell and 2 keypads system. I have no phone in the house so would be looking to use a sim card and mobile network to dial out. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

mick111112 wrote: »
    Hello, is there a module that I can install in a aritech CD72 panel that will call my mobile if the alarm goes off. If this is not possible what panel upgrade would you recommend for a 4 x PIR, 1 door contact, 1 external bell box, 1 internal bell and 2 keypads system. I have no phone in the house so would be looking to use a sim card and mobile network to dial out. Thanks for any help.

You can use this to do that for you without upgrading the alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Thats the gsm unit altor

Thats the gsm unit altor

I know, that is the one he is looking for :D
    Alliteratively this is also a good GSM to use.

no i mean thats the one i was told was dual com

no i mean thats the one i was told was dual com

:D

It is a GSM, not a dual com.

And that is the price he quoted you, he must be a sales man for P.W :D:P

• Advertisement

i was told was dual com

Here is a dual com :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ther are a few cowboys doing this . Using a GRM and connecting to the station as a normal account. They are paying the standard rate but charging the customer higher.

I kid you not! Whats a dual com like?

altor wrote: »
    Here is a dual com :D

Follow the link :D

Watching michael mc Intyre... Didnt realise :P

• Advertisement

These guys are PSA licensed koolkid ... Bit dissapointing to find this out since il be doing wrk exp for school with them

Whats the price range on them? Is a higher grade better g3?

They cost about €250 to buy. Grade 3 would be higher than grade 1 or 2.
    In your standard domestic a grade 2 would be standard for a monitored alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 masterbates1

hi all, can some1 please explain the difference between a dual com and a gsm unit to be please? also is there any other intruder panel that does piont id's besides hkc?

hi all, can some1 please explain the difference between a dual com and a gsm unit to be please?

A dual com polls to the monitoring station. What this means is every couple of minutes (depending on what it is set up for) it sends a signal to the monitoring station.
    A GSM wont. It will just wait for an alarm activation and then send a signal.

thanks, you say polls is this like a test call? i hear about these new mesh radio systems that are more secure but cant find much information about any of these devices, anyone no any good sites, security sites or other forums, thanks.

thanks, you say polls is this like a test call? i hear about these new mesh radio systems that are more secure but cant find much information about any of these devices, anyone no any good sites, security sites or other forums, thanks.

That is correct only the test call is whatever it is set up for. A GSM would be set up to signal once in 24 hours so if it is down then no one knows about it till the next test call, same with a phone line. This will explain how the mesh works.

thanks man, think i'l have to do alot more research to do, very complicated stuff for me! cheers

thanks man, think i'l have to do alot more research to do, very complicated stuff for me! cheers

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mick111112

Thanks for the response lads putting this project on hold until I get a few quid together to buy hardware for the job.

• Advertisement

mick111112 wrote: »
    Thanks for the response lads putting this project on hold until I get a few quid together to buy hardware for the job.

Your welcome, any problems when you decide to do the job you know where we are.

Advertisement