Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say No to Household and Septic Tank Charges

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

bonzos wrote: »
    I will pay it when the travellers in Sligo who drive the new range rover and new bmw 5 series pay......I think that's fair dont you?
    Interesting point, but then again what's fair about any of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

I respect that you paid it, and I understand why. However, please understand that I believe that it is UNPATRIOTIC to do so. We, the Irish people, are sworn to be free, in our proclamation and National Anthem. We the Irish people are OBLIGED, as Irish persons, to be free. You may ask what this has to do with the household tax, my answer is that paying it, IMO, diminishes our sworn declaration by ceding our freedom to a broken governing system which is no longer legitimate to the majority of people, IMO!

Quote from Wiki;
    "For centuries past, the idea that a state could be sovereign was always connected to its ability to guarantee the best interests of its own citizens. Thus, if a state could not act in the best interests of its own citizens, it could not be thought of as a “sovereign” state.[2]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I respect that you paid it, and I understand why. However, please understand that I believe that it is UNPATRIOTIC to do so. We, the Irish people, are sworn to be free, in our proclamation and National Anthem. We the Irish people are OBLIGED, as Irish persons, to be free. You may ask what this has to do with the household tax, my answer is that paying it, IMO, diminishes our sworn declaration by ceding our freedom to a broken governing system which is no longer legitimate to the majority of people, IMO!

Quote from Wiki;
    "For centuries past, the idea that a state could be sovereign was always connected to its ability to guarantee the best interests of its own citizens. Thus, if a state could not act in the best interests of its own citizens, it could not be thought of as a “sovereign” state.[2]

People would also argue that we lost our sovereignty the day we took a bailout from the IMF / ECB

As i said, I do not agree with the charge, but I'm broke and prospects of that changing anytime soon are slim. Therefore I paid it, (barely) simply because I believe we will end up paying it regardless, and this way I won't have to be scraping together any more funds to pay the arrears.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

People would also argue that we lost our sovereignty the day we took a bailout from the IMF / ECB

As i said, I do not agree with the charge, but I'm broke and prospects of that changing anytime soon are slim. Therefore I paid it, (barely) simply because I believe we will end up paying it regardless, and this way I won't have to be scraping together any more funds to pay the arrears.

Where's the fight in you? These pricks are pissing on our heads and telling us its raining. You may pay, I will not! I believe it is my duty, as an Irishman, to spend time in prison, if necessary, rather than pay this tax. I am very happy to contribute the taxable amount to any person or organization who shares my views and is genuinely in need of same!

Oh, and Buford, there are many prospects for you to have a very comfortable life. If you knew my personal financial circumstances you would be delighted with yours! Seriously. However I realized that they do not own me! That I did nothing wrong, o did not 'do' anybody, I am a good honest and proud Irishman. I have engaged my brain and put these fúkkérs where they belong, squirming like worms. I will continue to play them, at their own game whit the absolute conviction that their time is limited and that when my daughter reaches adulthood this Bananarchy within which we live currently, will be history. Have faith Dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

So do we just carry on regardless? Is that not what happened to people who turned a blind eye to CJH and others.....I cant see the logic of 700 people in Sligo paying this charge which will only cover the EXPENSES of Jude Devins for a year. Alan Shatter stated at the weekend that people need to get a life its only €100,well Mr Shatter not all of us are on the money your on!

• Advertisement
Advertisement