Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to dump a fridge?

• 14-02-2012 12:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Went to Hegarty's on the Ballisimon road today to dump a fridge and found that they do not take them anymore.
    Anyone know where I can legally dump/recycle it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Went to Hegarty's on the Ballisimon road today to dump a fridge and found that they do not take them anymore.
    Anyone know where I can legally dump/recycle it.

I think the recycling centre there near Mungret might take it but not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

City council recycling centre in Park will take it, near Musgraves, off the Dublin Rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

phog wrote: »
    City council recycling centre in Park will take it, near Musgraves, off the Dublin Rd.

Afraid they won't. I was there around Christmas and was told to take it to Mungret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Don't retailers have to take appliances off you for recycling as part of the WEEE directive? OP try the place where the fridge was bought or
    Where it's replacement was bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Thanks for replies.
    Mungret will take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Hooked wrote: »
    Afraid they won't. I was there around Christmas and was told to take it to Mungret.

They certainly did, that's good to know now as I've a fridge to dispose of.

Advertisement