Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike for my size

• 14-02-2012 12:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hey all, new to the forum. Dont have a silly question.... im 6ft 6in tall, 16.6st. Could anyone recommend any bike types I could start to look at, I dont know where to start since I think most bikes are unsuitable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Is it going to be your first bike? You need a tall bike like a VStrom, you can get a 650 or 1000. They are by no means a pretty bike, but would do the job just nice I reckon??

dl650091506.jpg

SuzukiVStrom650.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

You're right in that they're normally not a pretty bike..but damn I wouldn't mind the one in that picture..!

I'm 6'1 myself OP and ride a Bandit 650 s. It's very comfortable but I reckon the above would have even more leg room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Your best bet is to go to a shop with a big selection and sit on as many as possible. There are so many different designs of bike you might be surprised on what you can fit on, just remember that you'll be spending a long time on the bike so any discomfort in the shop will be worst on the road. The only bikes you definitely won't fit are the race reps, but you'll struggle to get a decent quote for them anyway.

Trail type bikes or nakeds would be your best options.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

have you considered a scooter?

na2ura2433162.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

You would be surprised what bikes "FEEL" right regardless of you height and weight, the later also being an important factor. I have a 2009 Yamaha FZ6 and its a superb bike (yes I am 1st time too) its factory restricted and perfect all round. I am 6'1 also and around 16 stone and its PERFECT for me, it also has adjustable rear shock to height a little height if needs but you must consider the other factors too when adjusting a shock (its not just about the ride height)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'm 6'4 and about 15stone. Driving a GS500 and find it very comfortable. I also have a Varadero 125 which is not as comfortable as the GS500. The GS/Bandit style bit is a little leaned over which I find a lot more comfortable than an upright bike.

I love this site for comparing bike ergonomics http://cycle-ergo.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭aurin07

6 4 myself.

Did 9500 miles ona 2005 sv650s

Great bike..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

thanks for the help guys, would be first bike yea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

SV650 is a great bike....looks great & sounds great with the bassy V TWIN....you would really have to get out there and sit on the bikes TBH. Dont forget the CB500F plain looking but a great bike also. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Lil bit over 6'1" here and ridin a CBR600...not a bother.

Came from a Bandit , big difference between them bikes but you will adjust to the riding style

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

My neighbour was 6 foot 4 and about 21 stone. He drove a hayabusa.
    Probably not great for a first bike.

Advertisement