Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your least favourite drug?

• 14-02-2012 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Since there is a thread on what's your favourite drug why not have a similar thread on the opposite end of the scale. :p

BZP Took it once, rotten comedown, Harney did the country a favour by banning it.

Cannabis soap bar, gets to my stomach more than my mind. I cannot understand how it can even be classed as a drug when the stuff contains so much muck.

Smithwicks and British Ales because they taste piss and are undrinkable on a good night out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Extacy great while it lasts but mother of god the come downs are rough as fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yeah, but you get to smell lovely and fresh of cannabis and who doesn't want that, great for a first date as well, let them know your likes from the onset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

cocaine, never enough and I turn into a sulky diva with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

dulcolax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Tobacco.

It does absolutely nothing for me these days but costs a lot of money and makes my lungs look black.

I only smoke it when I'm stressed, though. It's a disgusting, dirty, filthy, rotten drug and if my children ever use it I will kill them before it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

Salvia - forgot the existence of the world and myself, lost in a warp. Pretty scary!

Other hallucinogenics get a thumbs up though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

CAKE. My mate cried all the water out of her body on it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

CAKE. My mate cried all the water out of her body on it :(
    What a f*cking disgrace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

BZP: fairly enjoyable-if-edgy buzz for 6 hours or so, followed by at least 24 hours of unrelenting insomnia, alternate hot and cold flushes, headaches, nausea, inability to piss or ****, and general feeling that in the unlikely even you don't die, you will live the rest of your life with some vital chunk of your soul ripped out. Unfit for man or beast.

Salvia: Although the frightening and completely incomprehensible mind**** lasts less than 5 earth minutes, this matters not a jot as it feels like about 10,000 years in Salvialand. The fact that a high dose will make you forget you've taken a drug, or, indeed, that you're a person at all, does not help matters.

As an added bonus, it tastes and smells appalling as well!

Irish "cocaine:" not even particularly bad as such, just sold at about 25 times the price it's actually worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Disco biscuits. Wouldn't try them, the thought of walking around with my jaw hanging down at my ankles makes me shudder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Guinness.

Tastes like what i imagine horse sh1t tastes like.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

Fago! wrote: »
    Disco biscuits. Wouldn't try them, the thought of walking around with my jaw hanging down at my ankles makes me shudder.

Great craic though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

epsom salts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

you dont know what your missing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

i hate most of them these days -

weed helped me be even lazier and border on obesity in my younger days. Plus the no-hangover is a myth.

Coke makes me even more of an obnoxious c*Nt, i dont need any help being bossier.

I spread a little too much love a little too far in my ecstasy days.

Acid - how on gods earth did i actually convince myself literally losing my marbles was a fun way to spend an evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Crystal Meth. They look disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i think the next door neighbours cat is a drug addict. it keeps asking me for meow meow whenever i see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Katgurl wrote: »
    Acid - how on gods earth did i actually convince myself literally losing my marbles was a fun way to spend an evening?
    Because it is. It's a preposterously fun drug.

A little nonsense, now and then, is cherished by the wisest men.
    i think the next door neighbours cat is a drug addict. it keeps asking me for meow meow whenever i see it
    More likely it's an undercover reporter for the Daily Mail. No actual user ever referred to meph as "meow-meow."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Katgurl wrote: »
    i hate most of them these days -

weed helped me be even lazier and border on obesity in my younger days. Plus the no-hangover is a myth.

Coke makes me even more of an obnoxious c*Nt, i dont need any help being bossier.

I spread a little too much love a little too far in my ecstasy days.

Agree completely all over rated but they were fun at the time, the only drug Ive done and when I look back on it that id do again is mushrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Horse tranquiliser and red bull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

That only got a thanks because I love cats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Calpol 6plus, do they think kids over 6 just lose their sense of taste? Give me the original purple nectar any day.......

......says the soon to be 29 year old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

Mushrooms without doubt. We would go out into the field and come back with plastic shopping bags full. Then we'd dry them under the grill and mix them into youghurt. Any good experience I had of mushrooms was very small amounts. Larger amounts can be terrifying and probably damaging in the longer term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Love is the drug I'm thinking of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Jaw hanging low isn't a common side-effect. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Hash-Filled with shyte to bulk it up, makes me paranoid and is sore on the auld chest.
    Speed-Makes me edgy and paranoid. Horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

wimmin's knickers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Horse tranquiliser and red bull
    LOL Ketamine is a fantastic drug :D

I hate Coke it turns obnoxious feckers into self important obnoxious feckers. Also gods way of telling you that you have too much money... or not enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Smack just made me fall on the floor. I came 'round, soon after wondering where's the fun in that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Marijuana. Hate the stuff, can't function when consuming it.

But I hate most drugs, right now I'm drinking whisky, I don't particularly want to, but I am.

Around drugs my behaviour becomes obsessive. (More than it already is).

Some drugs I've taken I must've been close to a seizure. I was on a half gram to a gram of coke a night with copious amounts of alcohol (2 bottles of wine) and marijuana for about a month non stop.

I was ****ed at the end of it, literally having hallucinations, but I couldn't stop until I ran out of money. So I suppose I hate all of them, but Lord I'd never see myself passing up a chance for some sweet sweet cocaina or morphine. There just so moreish and I'm so weak.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Probably most of them because - including alcohol - they make Ireland far less bearable through one form or another, either through supporting crime gangs or making night-time and weekend streets unbearable due to drunk ****wits falling, fighting and puking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Guinness.

Tastes like what i imagine horse sh1t tastes like.
    No no, completely different flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Probably most of them because - including alcohol - they make Ireland far less bearable through one form or another, either through supporting crime gangs or making night-time and weekend streets unbearable due to drunk ****wits falling, fighting and puking.
    Bit harsh this.....I never fight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Are you a young chap or an older gentleman Liam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

pragmatic1 wrote: »

Liam's the sort of gentleman who stands on the sideline at hurling matches shouting abuse at the ref and his own team for being inadequately shite.

• Advertisement

Love, actually. Leaves you weak and gagging for attention shìt man I'd sooner spark up another stick of cancer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Smack just made me fall on the floor. I came 'round, soon after wondering where's the fun in that

Did you inject it or smoke it?

Cmon I hate needles. It was in Sharky's shed all the boys were doin it.. therefor was the done thing. Could'nt condone it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

The spice melange was horrible. Kept having visions of the future and my mom busted me for having glowing blue eyes.

Damn space drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Human Horn (lower)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 catbird

Probably them ones you find in greasy chippers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Calpol plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hash - Horrible dirty drug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Alcohol.

Nothing ever good comes from alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Personally I hate the ones that have fuelled the gang culture that result in the murder of innocent people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

Alcohol.

I was off it this weekend because I'm on Flagyl antibiotics which cause a horrible disulfiram like reaction when mixed.

Took a pill and went to the Twisted Pepper, had a few dabs of MDMA a friend had. Back to a house party, another pill then smoked some nice pollen hash at around 7am to help the comedown.

Took two D5 pills to help sleep and woke up at 3pm fresh as a daisy. Spent about 50e the whole night and had a great laugh.

Had I been drinking I would have spent well over a hundred, forgotten most of the night and been sick as a pig all day.

Probably halfway between the two at this stage, not that it's all that relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Lysergic acid diethylamide

Sindri wrote: »

Liam's the sort of gentleman who stands on the sideline at hurling matches shouting abuse at the ref and his own team for being inadequately sh[SIZE="2"]i[/SIZE]te.

Trying to figure out whether "inadequately sh[SIZE="2"]i[/SIZE]te" means that they're not even able to reach sh[SIZE="2"]i[/SIZE]te. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Datura (Devils Weed\Devil’s trumpet) a substance that was in the now discontinued "Potter’s Asthmatic Cigarettes" where you would get four\six cigs and make tea with the contents

The old urban legends about people taking LSD, thinking they could fly and then walking out of upper floor windows?

well with Datura, you really are so removed from reality, that the possibility of doing yourself a fatal harm is all too real and it creates an all-encompassing delirium

I had three days of this Delirium where I couldn't tell reality from fantasy at the time my pupils where so dilated that I couldn't read a book or newspaper

I was well versed in LSD and Mushrooms usage but this drug is on another level

• Advertisement
Advertisement