Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your least favourite drug?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Ketamine. Ugh. Alcohol's not too hot either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭idunnoshur

As of now I'd have to say mushrooms. I've taken them twice but I only took about 8 both times. I felt a bit like I was stoned, didn't get any hallucinations and felt horribly sick too.

Can't wait for next September though, I'll be out picking a good lash of them to see what they're really like.

AH has nearly turned into a drug forum at this stage :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Four pages in and no one has mentioned speed. Yuck, yuck, yuck!!

Sweating profusely while your goolies shrivel to the size of marbles is not fun.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Probably most of them because - including alcohol - they make Ireland far less bearable through one form or another, either through supporting crime gangs or making night-time and weekend streets unbearable due to drunk ****wits falling, fighting and puking.

............ not to mention the threads on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Alcohol, hands down.

Of all the drugs I've taken it is the only one that has made me hate myself/gotten me into trouble/been sick as a dog the next day.

In fairness, you overdo it on any drug you're asking for grief.

All time favourites would be Mushrooms.

Ecstacy is great fun if you're prepared for the comedown.

Weed is great but too much makes you lazy and ok with being bored.
    You couldn't pay me to smoke that soap bar ****e ever again.

Coke is also fun but stupidly expensive for the quality we get over here as has already been mentioned.

Never tried LSD but wouldn't rule it out. Not interested in gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Laxative.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

BZP just wasn't worth it, pretty crappy buzz with the biggest comedown of all time. Meph led to some unhealthy times when it was legal but the buzz was pretty cool I thought, glad it's gone though.
    All in all I get more joy out of exercising these days than taking recreational drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Hallucinogens in generally don't agree with me, i don't like the idea of not being in a general control of myself/thoughts.

Alcohol is pretty **** all things considered though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Alcohol.

I was off it this weekend because I'm on Flagyl antibiotics which cause a horrible disulfiram like reaction when mixed.

Took a pill and went to the Twisted Pepper, had a few dabs of MDMA a friend had. Back to a house party, another pill then smoked some nice pollen hash at around 7am to help the comedown.

Took two D5 pills to help sleep and woke up at 3pm fresh as a daisy. Spent about 50e the whole night and had a great laugh.

Had I been drinking I would have spent well over a hundred, forgotten most of the night and been sick as a pig all day.
    even without being on medicine, i would choose this over drinking as much as possible.

cheaper, more fun and less messy than an average night out drinking. my hangovers are much worse than any comedown i've had from pills too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Probably most of them because - including alcohol - they make Ireland far less bearable through one form or another, either through supporting crime gangs or making night-time and weekend streets unbearable due to drunk ****wits falling, fighting and puking.

Fr. Liam, I buy my weed off my friend who grows it in his home. I pick my mushrooms off golf courses during the season.

Which of these involve gangs, fights, puking and making streets unbearable?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

BZP Took it once, rotten comedown, Harney did the country a favour by banning it.

Cannabis soap bar, gets to my stomach more than my mind. I cannot understand how it can even be classed as a drug when the stuff contains so much muck.

Smithwicks and British Ales because they taste piss and are undrinkable on a good night out.

Agree with all of these, BZP is horrible shíte, cannabis in general is not for me, but soap bar crap is particularly bad, english ale is piss in a pint glass!
    Pace2008 wrote: »
    Salvia: Although the frightening and completely incomprehensible mind**** lasts less than 5 earth minutes, this matters not a jot as it feels like about 10,000 years in Salvialand. The fact that a high dose will make you forget you've taken a drug, or, indeed, that you're a person at all, does not help matters.

As an added bonus, it tastes and smells appalling as well.

Being the glutton i am, first time i tried it (well first time i tried it, and it worked) was 25x. I lived a life as a zipper (took about ten minutes). Strangely enjoyable to tell you the truth, i mean how many people know what it's like to be a zipper!:D Salvialand is a stranger place than the k hole!! I think i'm due a visit back soon!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

Suppositories

they taste horrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Being the glutton i am, first time i tried it (well first time i tried it, and it worked) was 25x. I lived a life as a zipper (took about ten minutes). Strangely enjoyable to tell you the truth, i mean how many people know what it's like to be a zipper!:D

Haha, I remember I had to protect my farm from the "Bad hat-man" (my friend's head "literally" turned into a top hat as I was talking to him about my potato farm [I don't actually have a potato farm]).

Enjoyable stuff, waaaaaaay too expensive for what it is though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Speed is an utterly rubbish drug. Pretty much everything else has some upside but amphetamines are just gash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Speed is an utterly rubbish drug. Pretty much everything else has some upside but amphetamines are just gash.

Worst drug ever, I did enough of it in my youth, base speed, was fine on the nights I took it, just the following 3 nights I wanted to die from not sleeping....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Heroin. It felt way to good. I hate it for that. It takes a hell of a lot of will power never to try it again but i must have loads because it's 20 years since i did it my one and only time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Auvers wrote: »
    Datura (Devils Weed\Devil’s trumpet) a substance that was in the now discontinued "Potter’s Asthmatic Cigarettes" where you would get four\six cigs and make tea with the contents

The old urban legends about people taking LSD, thinking they could fly and then walking out of upper floor windows?

well with Datura, you really are so removed from reality, that the possibility of doing yourself a fatal harm is all too real and it creates an all-encompassing delirium

I had three days of this Delirium where I couldn't tell reality from fantasy at the time my pupils where so dilated that I couldn't read a book or newspaper

I was well versed in LSD and Mushrooms usage but this drug is on another level

Scribbles......Datura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I mainlined some Mary Harney once. Spent a week on a hospital trolley. Absolute nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

My ability to consume alcohol is gone, I can't drink more than 3 bottle of beer without feeling sick. It's a pretty nasty drug all round but I used to enjoy it.

I'm scared to do salvia again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Has to be Methadrone (Meow Meow). Just get totally wired and paranoid off it plus cannabis as well. 2 crap drugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wossack wrote: »
    Suppositories

they taste horrible

You may as well be shoving em up your arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Cannabis. It makes very interesting people the most boring people on earth.

Can't say I always love the kind of person I am when drinking, but I still drink a lot. I kinda hate it, but love it.

I think the people you know are just boring. Some of the most interesting people in history have made some of the most interesting art thanks to their use of cannabis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

You: Outside looking in.
    Can't say I always love the kind of person I am when drinking, but I still drink a lot. I kinda hate it, but love it.

You: Inside looking out.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I think the people you know are just boring. Some of the most interesting people in history have made some of the most interesting art thanks to their use of cannabis.

I don't think it's "thanks" to their use of cannabis, and more due to the fact that they're probably just talented people. And the people I know happen to be quite interesting people, and turn into people who don't want to do anything but sit there and sleep, myself included. That's boring to me.
    mikom wrote: »
    You: Outside looking in.

I smoke it from time to time myself, and any time I've been with people and we're smoking it, everyone just literally sits there, looking from them or playing the Playstation or other such boring activities. Like someone said already, it makes you feel OK about being bored. Not saying it's a "bad" drug and it's in no way the worst thing people could be doing, but the question is what's your least favourite, and cannabis is mine. I prefer things that get you up and doing something.

I smoke it from time to time myself, and any time I've been with people and we're smoking it, everyone just literally sits there, looking from them or playing the Playstation or other such boring activities. Like someone said already, it makes you feel OK about being bored. Not saying it's a "bad" drug and it's in no way the worst thing people could be doing, but the question is what's your least favourite, and cannabis is mine. I prefer things that get you up and doing something.

Too much Indica by the sounds of it.

I don't think it's "thanks" to their use of cannabis, and more due to the fact that they're probably just talented people. And the people I know happen to be quite interesting people, and turn into people who don't want to do anything but sit there and sleep, myself included. That's boring to me.
    Well that's not what happens to everybody. Cannabis brought an Epiphany to my life and helped change the way I see the world and I'll always be grateful for that. I also use cannabis to focus. If your friends just sit around smoking then their doing it wrong. I like to couple cannabis use with learning and even work, if I have something to do I can smoke a spliff and become obsessed with what I'm doing to the point I'm doing something for hours and hours without realising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Would have to be Salvia or soapbar, Salvia just completely takes you out of it for about 5 minutes and it's not really a nice experience and soapbar is just shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Ayahuasca, if only for the intense vomiting & occasional diarrhea...the psychedelic experience is orgasmically intense though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Thalidomide for the amount of misery it has caused people and all because of a simple mistake made during its development.

Well that's not what happens to everybody. Cannabis brought an Epiphany to my life and helped change the way I see the world and I'll always be grateful for that. I also use cannabis to focus. If your friends just sit around smoking then their doing it wrong. I like to couple cannabis use with learning and even work, if I have something to do I can smoke a spliff and become obsessed with what I'm doing to the point I'm doing something for hours and hours without realising it.

Well good for you. As I said already, the question is what's your least favourite drug - cannabis is mine. You might not like alcohol, but I do. Different strokes.

Well good for you. As I said already, the question is what's your least favourite drug - cannabis is mine. You might not like alcohol, but I do. Different strokes.

What you talkin bout Willis?

That's fine if you don't like it, there are people who don't but you then went on to accuse everyone who uses it of being wasters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

That's fine if you don't like it, there are people who don't but you then went on to accuse everyone who uses it of being wasters.
    I think what they (she I think?) were saying was that when they smoke weed with their mates, everyone just vegetates in silence, which isn't much fun. It's happened to me and the lads more than once when it's a strong sativa strain. I don't think they were accusing anyone of being wasters. To be fair, weed isn't for everyone.

Eh, you just made that up yourself, cos I said no such thing.

everyone just vegetates in silence, which isn't much fun. It's happened to me and the lads more than once when it's a strong sativa strain.

Sativa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

mikom wrote: »
    Sativa?
    Aye. I'm not sure how technically correct the terminology is, but when people refer to sativa they'd mean weed with high THC content that gives a very heady, mongy sort of high, whereas indica would colloquially refer to a strain that gives a body buzz and leaves the brain fairly functional. I like the latter but not not former.

Aye. I'm not sure how technically correct the terminology is, but when people refer to sativa they'd mean weed with high THC content that gives a very heady, mongy sort of high, whereas indica would colloquially refer to a strain that gives a body buzz and leaves the brain fairly functional. I like the latter but not not former.

A strong sativa is motivational and energetic, clear not mongy...... the much touted "wake and bake".
    A strong indica on the other hand will weld you to the sofa, the "couchlock" you hear about so much about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Mephedrone/mmcat/meow moew whatever you want to call it, burn the nose hairs off ye....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Salvia. No more crossword puzzles for me. Bad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Anyone saying Salvia is likely to have heard about it online or from a friend and decided to do it "for the craic" with some friends.

It's powerful, but it only gives you a bad trip if you're acting the mong when trying it. Those who know how to properly treat it know it's a wonderful substance of no danger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Mephrodrone ok (just) at the time but not worth the three days of puking/heart palpitations/thinking its all over only for it to start again/wondering should one call an ambulance

BZP five minutes mild forgettable buzz followed a couple hours of wanting (or at least thinking one wants :confused: ) to p1$$ but cant followed by two days of feeling fecked up mentally and physically. Also largely responsible for giving MDMA a bad name through flagrant disregard of the trade descriprtions act.

Alcohol harmless enough in strict moderation (but thats a virtually unheard of concept in this society Total abstinance is actually a lot more accepted and less hasstle) leads to all manner of irresponsible/embarrasing/dangerous/cringeworthy/stupid behaviour, wasted weekends, squandered fortunes and puking all over the bathroom floor at six in the morning damning the insanity of it all and wierd smelling dumps, -In short more trouble than its worth.

Chloroform All the worst sympotoms of a hangover short of actually puking.

Hash (consumed orally) Not inheriently evil but problematic by virtue of the difficulty in guaging strength/dosage. Getting it wrong while not fatal leads to all manner of unimagined grief (or disappointment on the other end of the spectrum).

Tobacco: So evil Ive never touched it but hate it for what its done to people around me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I used to be off my mash on ecstasy pipes, not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Smithwicks and British Ales because they taste piss and are undrinkable on a good night out.

Good God.....:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Good God.....:eek:
    I should have also specified warm British Ales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I should have also specified warm British Ales.

Phew, thought you might be ill for a second.

Advertisement