Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software for Auto Car parts management

Options
  • 14-02-2012 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Been asked to look in to a solution that gives a complete,a 360" view of running a Dublin based auto car parts shop.

From the moment the parts arrive,scanning,input in system,selling with realtime updating stock/order,print receipts,automatically alerts or orders from suppliers in 'low stock',accounts/invoicing. Hardware,it can be running on standard Windows PCs and a server,with a barcode scanner and a normal laser printer.

Found two solutions,based over in US/Canada,but i prefer to keep it local !

Any ideea where can i find a supplier of this kind of software/hardware solution !?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

Having dealt with motor factors, There are a few I know that use as you describe, I dont know what systems the use but you may find out looking at the small print on their websites or else call them and ask. (You may get more info if you say you are setting up an electrical or something etail shop as they may not want more competition.

www.micksgarage.ie

http://www.calbro.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Thanks...i was looking more for an internal,standalone system,not online eshop.

Found them,but i reckon i should be able to keep the 5k euro local ! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

Try Kerridge in blackrock, they are called this now
    http://www.adpdsi.com/ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fishbun

Audatex

edit: maybe not exactly what you're looking for. It's used by many insurance companies motor assessors to draft estimate for repairs. Try ringing a few garages and see if they'll tell you what system they use. I'm sure no one would be that cagey about it

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fcerullo

rolion wrote: »
    Hi,

Been asked to look in to a solution that gives a complete,a 360" view of running a Dublin based auto car parts shop.

From the moment the parts arrive,scanning,input in system,selling with realtime updating stock/order,print receipts,automatically alerts or orders from suppliers in 'low stock',accounts/invoicing. Hardware,it can be running on standard Windows PCs and a server,with a barcode scanner and a normal laser printer.

Found two solutions,based over in US/Canada,but i prefer to keep it local !

Any ideea where can i find a supplier of this kind of software/hardware solution !?

Thanks in advance.

How about funding a project to build that app here in Ireland?

If interested, drop me a line.

Fabio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Jim from Cork

Any of the good Dealer Management Systems will more or less deliver what you are looking for...Fortuna, Ipcos gold, kerridge etc. some better than others.
    I am sure they would "deal" where a business only wants the "parts function"
    If the parts shop deals with multiple suppliers for the same product make sure that the system handles sercession well.

Advertisement