Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Albuferia?..lads holiday?

Options
  • 14-02-2012 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

So what do people think of Albuferia as a bit of a lads holiday destination?.. nothing booked yet so all opinions welcome!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Been their a couple of times on family holidays, personally wouldn't go back, seems to have been an increase in crime / muggings / assaults etc from what I've read in the papers over the last year or two, saw one guy getting a hiding from the police up an alley for some reason so wouldn't be in any rush to act the goat overthere, besides the 'strip' not a lot else there imo.
    If it was me I'd look elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bblah

hmm so far ive heard similar reports about alot of places.. i know you said it was a family holiday but what did you think of the nightlife?.. like is it very expensive?.. is there a wide range of places to go?.. i know alot of this is on websites but theyre not always the most up to date or accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

Me and my girlfriend went to Albufeira last summer and thought it was OK.

We stayed near the "strip" side, that's called montechoro aswell. Its grand for a lads piss up holiday about mile long full of bars and fast food. Don't know much about the clubs cause we stayed in the bars. I didn't see any trouble in a week but there is Portuguese (i think) drug dealers who you will notice if you keep your eyes peeled.

The local police look tough as **** and i wouldn't mess with them, they look juiced up.

We went to the old town a few times, its busy but more of a family vibe but worth a look even for a few lads.

There is day trips to zoo-marine if your into sea animals doing tricks, and water-parks.

I cant help with the pulling females part though:(

Lots of Portuguese holiday in albufeira,some Brits, dutch.

Portuguese on holidays would give ya strange looks when they hear the Irish accent but it didn't bother me, there kinda clannish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

It's like going to England with more sunshine. Definitely the worst place i've been in the last 5 years. Being honest there was nothing about the place that appealed to me.

What are your options, where would you be thinking of going and what are you going for, how old are ye? How many people are going?

ah we're all round about 20 this year.. theres probably 8 lads and 7 girls i know up for going.. to be honest we're just llooking for somewhere sunny with a decent nightlife..and not too expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Wasn't impressed with the place, nice beach, some nice touristy things to see, but mostly seemed like Turkey only poorer if that's possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The nightlife is cheap on the big strip of bars. Real tacky neon lights, reps on the street type places but good fun if the nightlife is what you are after! There's a good beach for during the day, cheap food places.
    The only thing is that there are a lot of English and Irish chav-types, both guys and girls. There are the stories of muggings and serious crime around Albufeira but don't wander off alone up dark, deserted streets (common sense).
    Hardly the most hardcore party spot though as the whole strip is closed by half two. Kadoc nightclub is a super-club near to Albufeira which is also an option.

Hmm thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. Im not exactly dying for a wild drunken holiday but at the same time i dont want to end up doing a ****e half arsed one.. is it me or is half 2 really early for somethnig called a strip?

Advertisement