Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marriage down the toilet!

• 14-02-2012 8:42am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-17022847
    A newly-wed woman in a village in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh recently left her husband's home because the house had no toilet.
    Anita Narre returned eight days later after her husband, a daily wage worker, built one with savings and aid from villagers.
    An NGO announced a $10,000 reward for Mrs Narre for her "brave" decision and forcing her husband to build a toilet.
    How romantic :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

the sh*ts gonna hit the fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Special funds are made available for people to construct toilets to promote hygiene and eradicate the practice of faeces collection - or scavenging - which is mainly carried out by low-caste people.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

ngo's.. those guys never send cash down the toilet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

No Shít! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

She flushed out his savings quickly anyway. What a gold digger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

That woman is just a **** stirrer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

India really is a revolting country. Thank feck I don't live there. Such an unequal society. Poor really is poor there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Has this toilet been connected to the main, or has he just moved the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Park Royal

Wasn't so long ago in this country , the same applied.......

pick a spot out the back and crap.......I kid you not....

may still apply in some areas/ farms.....

How times have changed....

Park Royal wrote: »

Well, that's what all the other inhabitants of the farm doanyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Park Royal wrote: »

There are several houses around here that have no toilet. And some do not have water installed either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

As happy as a pig in $hit.

where did this saying come from ??

Years ago before there were toilets you would $hit in an outhouse.

The hole underneath the outhouse allowed the human poo to travel into a pit where the pigs would come and eat the human poo.

so basically ehh - that ain't bacon you're eatin - lol

You're Welcome !!

here's a vid of an excited pig waiting for the human to finish his turd so he can eat it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

dlofnep wrote: »
    India really is a revolting country. Thank feck I don't live there. Such an unequal society. Poor really is poor there.
    There are lots of poor countries, and India isn't the worst by a long shot, world's largest democracy and all that.

What really worries me about India is the traditions that are keeping the place hidebound and will probably continue to do so for the next thousand years. Many many people are living the exact same sort of lives that they lived there in the tenth century, and there doesn't seem to be much widespread demand for change.

I've no clue how you'd go about tackling that problem. Its like society as a religion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    There are lots of poor countries, and India isn't the worst by a long shot, world's largest democracy and all that.

What really worries me about India is the traditions that are keeping the place hidebound and will probably continue to do so for the next thousand years. Many many people are living the exact same sort of lives that they lived there in the tenth century, and there doesn't seem to be much widespread demand for change.

I've no clue how you'd go about tackling that problem. Its like society as a religion.

Now here's a word I have never heard before. Filed away for future reference, thanking you kindly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

How romantic :pac:

next time you phone customer service and an indian answers tell them your toilet is missing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Ah yes, the (in)famous toilet pigs of India.

These swine live on a diet of excrement and their flesh is highly prized as a delicacy in some places.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

JupiterKid wrote: »

These swine live on a diet of excrement and their flesh is highly prized as a delicacy in some places.

Hey John, does this bacon taste funny to you ?

John : Ye - tastes like $hite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

"In the 50 years since Independence, several committees have called for the abolition of the practice of disposing of human faecal waste by having it carried away in headloads by safai karamcharis (cleaning workers)."......AKA in these parts as $h1theads.

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »

I suppose the flavour would depend on what the "user" had been eating, if they lived off of vindaloo, the meat could be pre-spiced!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Marriage down the toilet!

I know they had changed the rules so that you could get married in more places, but surely that's taking it a step too far ? :eek:

Advertisement