Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

light armor and heavy armor help.

• 14-02-2012 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi

I have got 24hr clocked up on the game now and at the start I decided to us light armor which was working well so most of the time, I was standing back using my bow and arrow and some magic and letting my helper run in and do toe to toe fighting. My light armor is at 32 and I have used 3 perks on light armor and archery is at level 38 with 2 peaks used on it..

But the only thing is I am getting board of this way of playing and would like to know would it be too late to start using heavy armour it is at level 17, I have 3 peaks that I have not used so was thinking if I get some have armour and use the 3 peak I have on this and pay to get trained up on it, it might not be too bad.

Has anyone got advice were I could get some good heavy armour (through a mission or buy it for a good price I have like 2,800 gold). Oh I am a redguard.And am at level 13.

Comments

Depends at what armor is out for you atm. At level 13 I think the best you could find is maybe Orcish or Dwarven?

Or you could work on your smithing and just improve steel armor. It's a cheap alternative that works just as well with a high smithing level.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

Depends at what armor is out for you atm. At level 13 I think the best you could find is maybe Orcish or Dwarven?

Or you could work on your smithing and just improve steel armor. It's a cheap alternative that works just as well with a high smithing level.

Thanks for that do u think it is too late to change due to the work and pearks i have used on light armor, if i stick with light will i evey be able to run into a fight and not die all the time so quicly like i do now

Delboy007 wrote: »
    Thanks for that do u think it is too late to change due to the work and pearks i have used on light armor, if i stick with light will i evey be able to run into a fight and not die all the time so quicly like i do now

Well when I was using light armour Sabrecats and Bears were my worst enemy but with heavy armour it's a lot easier to survive their attacks.

You have to let yourself get hit for your armor rating to go up so try leveling it before doing anything serious in the quests or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

You could always level up your smithing to 100, The glitch is fairly simple, I know alot of people are doing it, Then you could easily make some dragon armour or even daedric armour, Bears ogres and sabrecats are no match once its equipped

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

You could always level up your smithing to 100, The glitch is fairly simple, I know alot of people are doing it, Then you could easily make some dragon armour or even daedric armour, Bears ogres and sabrecats are no match once its equipped

Hi

Is there an easy way to get your smithing to 100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Hi

It's easy but takes a long time, I wouldn't really call it a glitch but get loads of leather and iron ignots and keep making iron daggers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Also just train heavy armour 5 times every level and in no time you'll pass out your light armour level.

Also equipping heavy armour and getting hit is a good way to level it up. Playing with bows you'll get hit very little compared to melee character, so get the sword out and get up close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

its very easy to get your armor rating higher. if you have items that make your alchemy stronger, put them on. make a potion with the gear on that makes your smithing better. then put on any gear you have that makes your smithing better. take the smithing potion and then improve your armor. i am wearing al deadric armor and i have a rating of just over 900. i could make it better but there is no need really.

works better if your smithing is 100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Hi

It's easy enough. Go to Whiterun, buy all the iron ingots, leather and leather strips from the woman outside the blacksmith, the guy inside the blacksmith and the guy up at the skyforge.

Then make iron daggers and leather bracers until you run out of material and sell the stuff you make.

Then 'wait' for 2 days and repeat. Should be doable in about half an hour.

Then 'wait' for 2 days and repeat. Should be doable in about half an hour.

Or fast travel to Riften, Solitude, Windhelm and repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

You can go to certain NPC's and once per level you can train any skill up 5 points (it costs gold, more expensive per level, ie: 1st level is 500g and the 5th is 3000 gold (example)).

The NPC's are scattered throughout the game and each one has a different speciality, might help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

FatherLen wrote: »
    i am wearing al deadric armor and i have a rating of just over 900. i could make it better but there is no need really
    You know the game has a armour cap of around 500?

But then while I'm not someone who believes that you can ever play a game 'wrong', I'd suggest that there are more rewarding ways to play than spending an hour or two solidly grinding out iron daggers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Reekwind wrote: »
    You know the game has a armour cap of around 500?

My brother is sitting right next to me playing with an armour rating of 660.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Nope. His armour rating is actually 567. Which is the hardcoded armour cap. You can increase your rating above that but it won't make a difference. It's annoying that this isn't made visible but that's the game for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Reekwind wrote: »
    Nope. His armour rating is actually 567. Which is the hardcoded armour cap. You can increase your rating above that but it won't make a difference. It's annoying that this isn't made visible but that's the game for you

Ahh, okay.

Advertisement