Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmers market salthill?

Options
  • 14-02-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi boardsies
    was just looking for a bit of feedback/opinions.A friend of mine thinks a farmers market would do well in salthill,he is in the early stages of planning.it would possibly be indoor at a location near the aquarium.do ye think it would take off?i said id put it up here and let him see what responses it gets
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I'd go.

But on a day other than Saturday. People tend to do their 'town' thing.

I feel like Salthill gets a lot of Sunday visitors. Also I am always hearing "feic, I missed the market" from people - might be a good opportunity to give them a Sunday option.

Indoor would be good if possible. Something for the kids too? Hot drink stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

And cake. Lots of it. Chocolate please. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It depends on whether it will be a market or a morket.

Would it have parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mcmurphy995

Yeah i think its a good idea and have been kicking around the idea myself for a while , have some experience in the area if your friend wants to have tea someday ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

fair dues, nice idea, we'd visit a farmers' market as opposed to an over-priced tat market... there's two or three decent veg stalls in the city centre market but more choice and nearer to home would be great!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Would it have parking?

If it's the potential venue that I've heard rumours about, then yes there would be plenty of parking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Six Degrees

It would be great to see such a market set up in Salthill. There is definately plenty of appetite for markets, once they are managed right and have enough diverse product offerings.

Best wishes to your mate on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

If it's a good set up, I'd definately go. Salthill would be a good location too as the west side of the city only has supermarkets to get our veggies!
    You'd have a huge potential market in Salthill/Knocknacarra which are big residential areas.

I'd definately second Inisboffin about Sundays. There's a Friday market in Moycullen and of course the Saturday market in town.

Advertisement