Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a line turned on

Options
  • 14-02-2012 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

If I move into a new house and get Eircom to turn the line on does that tie me into a contract or can I change providers immediately?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Get the other operator to activate it so. If eircom activate it you would be in a 6 or 12 month contract depending on last cease date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭skeptik

Oh right, I was always under the impression that Eircom had to activate the line. Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

skeptik wrote: »
    If I move into a new house and get Eircom to turn the line on does that tie me into a contract or can I change providers immediately?

Hi skeptik,

Sponge Bob is correct, there is a minimum 12 month contract for connecting a telephone line. However the provider you wish to go with can connect the line and activate the account for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Get the other operator to activate it so. If eircom activate it you would be in a 6 or 12 month contract depending on last cease date.

Thanks Sponge Bob :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I said OR a 6 month contract Mark. :(

Read your own T&Cs please. Please do not infer that I haven't read them properly.

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/internet_special_offer.pdf
    eircom Residential PSTN Connection Promotion
    Promotional Period : 3rd January to 30th June 2012 (inclusive)

2. The offer applies to Residential Accounts only. The line must be retained on a Residential Account for a minimum period of six months If the line is
    transferred to a Business Account, or ceased and then re-instated on a Business Account, eircom reserves the right to apply the appropriate connection fee.

1. What bit of "a minimum period of six months" do you not understand??

2. Can you tell him the cease by date which qualifies him for a choice of 2 separate and different free connection offers. ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

they are playing the game...

Advertisement