Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet on TV via repeater

Options
  • 14-02-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

I bought Sony KDL32CX523BU TV but I have only discovered that you need the dongle to connect to the internet and the old Netgear dongle I have wont work. Instead of splashing out on the Sony Dongle I was wondering could I just use the Ethernet port on the back. Problem is that the router isnt in the living room.

Currently in the house the internet comes into the office which is a fair bit away from the living room so what I have done is gotten a Linksys router and flashed the firmware on the router with dd-wrt so that it acts as a repeater.

So I was wondering if I get another Linksys router would I be able to do the same but instead as acting as a repeater just have it receiving the wifi single and then be able to get internet on the TV via the ethernet?

Comments

Advertisement