Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Umail App?

• 14-02-2012 12:50pm

Hey guys just wondering if you can download an app for Android to check your umail, like your UCC e-mail. I can't seem to set it up via gmail.

Also story with UCC Wireless only working on iPhones? Why exactly can it not be available for Samsungs, etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

roberttt wrote: »
    Hey guys just wondering if you can download an app for Android to check your umail, like your UCC e-mail. I can't seem to set it up via gmail.

Also story with UCC Wireless only working on iPhones? Why exactly can it not be available for Samsungs, etc.

there's a version of the site that works on mobile if you just go to umail.ucc.ie on your browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jreanor

You can use it in the android gmail app. For some reason I have to use the password I had before the sit single sign on thing came in so if your a first year this mightn't work but its worth a try!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Yeah I don't see why it doesn't work via the gmail app once you can set it up correctly on your gmail account.

Setup your main gmail account to fetch mail from your umail one. Might be handy also to setup a filter to tag all incoming umails so you can organise or search them more easily when needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

x43r0 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't see why it doesn't work via the gmail app once you can set it up correctly on your gmail account.

Setup your main gmail account to fetch mail from your umail one. Might be handy also to setup a filter to tag all incoming umails so you can organise or search them more easily when needed

Ya,that's how you do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

You're probably still also able to set it up as your standard email account(as in the default 'email' app), for people who have a different gmail account, thats what i do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

roberttt wrote: »
    Having your main Gmail fetch your umail is the easiest way of doing it tbh.
    You can get an Android smartphone onto the wireless, but it requires way more effort than getting an iOS device onto it. The main problem is that most Android phones don't have any proxy support. You can get around this by downloading a couple of apps, but you do have to root the phone. This thread goes into more detail: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76350573

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

yeah doing it through gmail is the easiest. and I think ucc is adding wireless support for all platforms for next year,

Advertisement