Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Handbags advice needed

• 14-02-2012 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi there ,

Im looking for a handbag for a special lady friend of mine. As a bloke, Ive not the first clue as to where to start! What brands are nice , any particular types / brands that are hot at the moment ?? Whats the best website or or online store to buy them?? Bearing in mind Ive a price range of about €200-300. Possibly more for the right one though :)

All advice most welcome!

AB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

In that price bracket Guess is very popular among Irish women as is DKNY. Personally I'd prefer Furla (dressier) or Orla Kiely (more casual), but it depends on your lady friend's style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I got a gorgeous bag the other day in the Kilkenny Store. They had some beautiful bags there from €100- €300. Might be worth popping in and taking a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

They have really beautiful dkny handbags in the Kildare village at the moment for 140.00. Will be treating myself to one shortly:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Orla Kiely bags are good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Thanks for the help folks ,enough there to get me started :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Just a bit of advice I'd give regarding the brands already mentioned- a lot of people (including myself) wouldn't be fans of Orla Kiely's bags because of the pattern/prints she uses- it's hard to describe why but I just really dislike her stuff and have had conversations with people who agreed.

As regards Guess stuff, some people find them a bit blingy and the "Guess" logo can be a bit showy on some of them.

I suppose what I'm trying to get at is that overall if you're not sure what she'd like, err on the side of caution and stick to something fairly simple and classic so it'll suit whatever she wears with it and also so it'll last from season to season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Best of luck OP, hope it goes ok but just bear in mind what the previous poster said. Guess might be popular with Irish ladies but it's really a love/hate brand (I hate it :p). Does she have a particular brand she likes? If so, you might be better just getting her a voucher or bringing her along with you to pick one out. I know it's not a surprise then, but you don't want to spend upwards of 200e on a bag she won't like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Hi, OP. I bought a black leather Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Baby Groovee (see my post in Latest Purchases) in BT yesterday for €340 and I have to say, I'm in love. I find Guess really tacky and AFAIK, most of their bags aren't real leather. The one I bought is really lovely leather and is just soo nice. Well, I think anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Loughgirl

anbrutog wrote: »
    Hi there ,

Im looking for a handbag for a special lady friend of mine. As a bloke, Ive not the first clue as to where to start! What brands are nice , any particular types / brands that are hot at the moment ?? Whats the best website or or online store to buy them?? Bearing in mind Ive a price range of about €200-300. Possibly more for the right one though :)

All advice most welcome!

AB

Few things to get you started,colour?if she wears lots brown a tan bag would be lovely or more practical a black bag,or as a special bag perhaps nude.i wouldn't go guess,Orla keily because they are very particular style.best thing to do is to go into brown Thomas and see what style you think she would like.i think if she is a classy lady and you want to impress go for Marc Jacobs,or miu miu,they are classic styles,great quality and fit your budget.iv shopped for plenty of friends and you just need to decide on a few things like colour,size,use,budget and by the time you have a look at what's there under those guidelines you will only find a few choices!marc Jacobs though and you will be a hero,channel is a girls dream but out of budget!!good luck,lucky girl!:D

Advertisement