Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing fellowship with Bord Bia

• 14-02-2012 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,
    I am thinking of applying for the Marketing fellowship with Bord Bia. Has anyone done it before and if so, could you please tell me what it is like, what is the interview process like and whether after the programme finishes you secured a job. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭frecklier

Is that the one where you do a Masters, and go abroad and work in a company? If so, I know someone who did it. The course was new when she did it, and so there were some teething problems with the course itself. I'm sure a lot of these have been ironed out by now. She has a job in a food-related area in Ireland now, and seems to be doing very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 fridaybabe

yes, that is one. Its a MSC in International Marketing Practice. thats good news. no harm to send in my application and see what happens. thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Former member of the fellowship here - i worked in London with 6 different food companies. It was an amazing experience - i owe my current salary, position and experience to the course and whether you have a language or not, its a great opportunity to see a new place and live there for 11 months.

Give me a PM with any questions if you want - especially before the interview stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Riadh0210

Hi All,

I hope this email will find you well.

My name is Riadh, I am unemployed at the moment. I am working on my MBA Thesis and also doing a postgraduate programme in the Innovation Academy, Trinity College Dublin.

I am thinking about applying for the Bord Bia Marketing Fellowship this December and I would love if anyone whos gone through the programme to help me

Please find below the questions that came to mind:

1-Are they very meticulous with CV's in terms of grammar, they way the CV is built?
    2-Do they require a strong previous experience in the Marketing sector?
    3-I have 5 years experience with one Bachelor in law and an MBA plus the innovation academy experience and 6 spoken languages in hand and a very strong LinkedIn profile. Do you think this will give me a competitive advantage ?
    4-How long did it take before you received an answer to come for an interview?
    5-How many interview stages they plan?
    6-Can you please state the structure of the interview and if you remember any questions?
    7-How long did it take them to give you an answer or feedback?

I apologies for all the question. I just want to be well prepared.

Kind regards,
    Riadh Mahmoudi

Advertisement