Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 degrees 6970!!!!

• 14-02-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Just installed the acellero xtreme plus 2 cooler on my ASUS 6970.

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/vga/376/accelero-xtreme-plus-ii.html

I used their thermal glue but after hours and hours the glue had not set properly and the ram heat spreaders would easily slide off.

After some tinkering. I used thermal pads for the small head sinks and fresh thermal paste/grease for the GPU cooler heatsink.

Idle is between 30-40C. But under load in crysis all full 1080. it hits 103C.

This temp is recorded in HWmonitor and the built in ATI catalyst program.

But gpu-z reports highest as 85C.
    ==========================================================

Any ideas guys?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 rene13cross

Try MSI Afterburner and have it running while playing Crysis and see what the max temp is on that. If it is still very high (>80C) then it's obvious that the Arctic cooler isn't functioning properly; it should be much cooler. Maybe you should get new thermal compound and then watch some tutorials on how to install the cooler properly.
    Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not saying you don't know what you're doing of course but it's always good to get a second opinion.

Advertisement