Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NINE EAGLES SKY RUNNER FOR TOTAL BEGINNER

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

It's small : at 300 metres something 40"-60" might be more visible.
    You can only fly back what you can see.
    But if you have eagle's eyes, smaller costs less.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

coolwings wrote: »
    It's small : at 300 metres something 40"-60" might be more visible.
    You can only fly back what you can see.
    But if you have eagle's eyes, smaller costs less.

i understand what your saying about the size but i wanted to start with a plane thats small and cheap just to get the hang of the basics of flying and then when i have a good idea on how fly and land a small plane then i will to move to a bigger one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

smokin ace wrote: »
    i understand what your saying about the size but i wanted to start with a plane thats small and cheap just to get the hang of the basics of flying and then when i have a good idea on how fly and land a small plane then i will to move to a bigger one

Well if you master the smaller one, then bigger ones will then seem easier. Bigger ones of similar design are generally easier to fly than smaller ones, besides being easier to see.

the plane arrived today and it a small plane but a nice piece of kit all the same i had it up and running in about 5 minutes and even though there is a good breeze today i decided to give it a go in the local hurling filed and was very surprised how easy it was to fly and control fair enough i had a few heavy crashes some due to the strength of the breeze and some due to me but with no damage what so ever so it quite a tuff little plane and i really look forward to flying it in better conditions but i would highly recommend this plane to anyone starting off like me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

One I learned the hard way - start off on calm days. Wind=expense.
    You'll learn shag all coz you'll have little or no control either.

Well worth the money to get used to controls:
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=20951
    or similar from ebay.

• Advertisement

civdef wrote: »
    One I learned the hard way - start off on calm days. Wind=expense.
    You'll learn shag all coz you'll have little or no control either.

Well worth the money to get used to controls:
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=20951
    or similar from ebay.

i could not help myself but give it a go but its up now until the next calm day i got flight model simulator before but i could not get the controller to work with it because i found out that it was not compatible with windows vista will the one from hobbyking work with vista thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I have FMS running on Vista, ran no problem for me once I did the following:

http://www.rctoys.com/pr/2008/03/06/fms-sim-windows-vista-howto-fix-d3drm/

Advertisement