Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye Glass Repair Limerick

• 14-02-2012 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Does anybody have any idea where in Limerick City I might get a replacement hinge for a pair of sunglasses?

I tried Specsavers (where they were originally purchased) but they wanted €100 for a new frame. Tried another couple of opticians but they just said to go back to Specsavers.

Frame isn't actually damaged, the hinge just snapped off on one side. I want to just cut it off and superglue a new hinge on.

Was thinking I could get a cheap pair in one of the EuroShops/Penneys and cut the hinge off but I can only find ones where the hinge is part of the full frame and not a seperate glued on piece.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

If you know your prescription, a new pair can be had cheap as chips from goggles4u.co.uk.

Otherwise, the key cutting service in Upr. Mallow Street has helped me out in the past with similar repair jobs.

Advertisement