Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone eaten in the Bride View Bar in Tallow recently?

Options
  • 14-02-2012 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has eaten in the Bride View Bar in Tallow recently? I have booked a table for myself and my parents on Saturday night, the website looks good and the food sounds nice, but don’t know anyone who has actually eaten here. Any feedback? My parents only visit about once a year, so want it to be a nice meal. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

ncmc wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has eaten in the Bride View Bar in Tallow recently? I have booked a table for myself and my parents on Saturday night, the website looks good and the food sounds nice, but don’t know anyone who has actually eaten here. Any feedback? My parents only visit about once a year, so want it to be a nice meal. Thanks in advance!
    If that's the one on the river, excellent have eaten there a few times and really good food.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

wellboytoo wrote: »
    If that's the one on the river, excellent have eaten there a few times and really good food.

Thanks wellboytoo, yes it's the one by the river, looks like a nice spot. Good to know the food is good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Hey ya, I know its last minute ... I ate there a few months ago and thought that it was only mediocre!
    Would you not consider the Lismore House Hotel? Their food is mouth watering?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

She Devil wrote: »
    If life gives you lemons, stick them down your shirt and make your boobs look bigger

Last thing I need is bigger boobs...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Last thing I need is bigger boobs...:rolleyes:

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Just an update for anyone thinking of eating here, we ate here on Saturday night and I have to say it was fantastic. The pub itself is beautiful, looks newly renovated, but done in a very traditional way. The restaurant is lovely, overlooking the river and there is outdoor seating for summer or for smoking. The food was just fantastic, everything we got was just delicious. 3 of us had fish, and the quality was excellent. The sauces were delicate and didn’t over power the food. The service was great, helpful yet unobtrusive. They took there time bringing out each course and it made for a lovely relaxed meal. My only regret was that we couldn’t linger in the bar afterwards as we had somewhere else we needed to be. All in all, I couldn’t fault anything about it, it was well priced for the quality of food we got, for 3 starters, 4 mains, 3 desserts and 2 glasses of wine, the bill came to €130 (and we all ordered the most expensive items on the menu)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mrkdips

yes I agree - I live up the road from it and it is our fav place to eat in Tallow.
    For future ref I also hear the Chophouse in Lismore is meant to be great - have not tired it yet though

Advertisement