Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone eaten in the Hunters Rest in Mitchelstown recently?

Options
  • 14-02-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my husband and I used to eat in the Hunters Rest in Mitchelstown quite a bit and always enjoyed it, but we haven’t been there in 3 or 4 years. My parents are down to visit at the weekend and looking for somewhere to bring them. I would just be looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful, but as they only visit once in a blue moon, I would like the meal to be nice. Anyone eaten here recently?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Have eaten there three or four times over the last year, not been there since November though...
    They updated their menu about 2 years ago and really modernised it. Food is top notch(meat,fish,pastas,and pizza I think) for a pub come restaurant, but can be a bit overbearing on some plates as regards the traditional turnip/cabbage/mash combo,if you get what I mean..

I think the mains were costing from $12 to $18, and I've never come away from there unhappy, not that the bar in such close proximity wouldn't help;)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

I've eaten there recently and I thought it was fantastic. Well worth a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Thanks for the replies, good to know it’s still good. I only live about 6 miles away so no excuse for it being so long since we ate there! I think the last time we were there, we were in a large party and the service was terrible, our waitress was really rude and it turned me off the place a bit. Hopefully she’s not still there 4 years later!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

I've not eaten there in the last few months, but it is still under the same ownership and I have heard no adverse reports:) Mitchelstown is a small place and the word would have spread!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

Try out the clongibbon we went there recently for a meal with my relatives and twas lovely + quite cheap. The restaurant was nice and quiet

• Advertisement
Advertisement