Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spinning piece on washing machine drain motor detached?

• 14-02-2012 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

As per the title the spinning piece on my whirlpool drainage motor has become detached from the motor shaft, doesnt look like anything is snapped on the inside of the plastic piece.
    There is no threads to thread it on.

Does anyone know if it would have been glued on or pushed on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Is it the impellor that isn't working?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dedubliner1978

I'm not sure what the name of the piece is, it looks like the blades of a turbine, it keeps popping off the spinning shaft and making a terrible screeching noise before stopping.
    The washing machine wont drain.

The impeller is usually just pushed on, you could always try glueing it back onto the shaft.
    Might save you the cost of a replacement!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dedubliner1978

I glued it back on and it is working again... for how long who knows....
    Thanks.

I glued it back on and it is working again... for how long who knows....
    Thanks.
    With decent glue, long enough ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Sounds like the motor Tachomitor, if that comes out it will cause the motor to run wild, there should be a round spring clip tht holds it in place, take a look around the floor or in the back of the machine.

Advertisement