Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer Access Requests for a month

Options
  • 14-02-2012 5:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭

I recently applied for access to the Soocer forum in the soccer access requests but was banned for a month because I have not been a member for a month.

A month seems very harsh and the Mod that banned me seemed very rude and unhelpful.

Is this how you treat all Boards.ie members?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Is this how you treat all Boards.ie members?

No, it's not.

Unfortunately, the Soccer forum is possibly the one of the most contentious forums on the site, with passionately held views on all sides. As such, the requirements to post on the forum need to be fairly rigid.

The requirements to post on the forum are clearly laid out and the moderators we have are possibly the most overworked and under appreciated on the site.

As such, it tends to be fairly black-and-white when it comes to applying for access - you either meet the requirements, or you don't. No time for negotiation.

So, if the moderator was somewhat curt towards you (and I don't know, nor need to know what moderator it was), I am sure there was no ill-inent, just a busy mod doing his/her (unpaid) job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Keep your soccer forum, if its run like a dictatorship then I've no interest.

You guys need to learn how to be a little more helpful and less smartass!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

So you are on the site what, a month now?

So you have utterly no idea why there is such a need for stringent rules regarding entry to the Soccer forum. Instead of resorting to petty insults, how about you educate yourself and understand why there is such a need. There is a long, long history of problems on that forum.

These rules are not in place for the fun of it.

And I am really struggling to find the smartass comments in my post. I was trying to be helpful by explaining the situation to you.

I am talking about the Mod that banned me for a whole month, fair enough I broke a rule but to ban someone from a forum for a month for a minor offence and then when I pm'd him/her all I got was smart ass answers.

A little help and advice goes along way these days!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

In the Soccer Access Requests forum is a sticky titled:
    Soccer Requests Charter & Mechanism - Read this or you WILL NOT GET ACCESS TO SOCCER

The first two lines of the sticky are:
    Please read this thread in it's entirety before submitting an access request, failure to comply with this mechanism will result in access being denied.

* Users must be a member of boards for one month and have 50 posts to request access, posting here before that time will mean a months ban from the access requests forum.

To be fair, it's pretty unambiguous and you must have read the sticky to be able to post an access request in the correct format with the two identifier words.

• Advertisement

I'm not denying I broke a rule I've acknowledged that but a months ban is very harsh.

I wasn't going to go into the SF to cause trouble for anyone, I read it a lot and just wanted to post there.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

And nobody has suggested that you would cause trouble, but the access rules are there for a good reason. Harsh or not, the penalty for breaching the access request rules is clearly posted for all to see, so nobody can have any complaints if they breach the rules.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRf6Jg6wI9z5kcu752Dv3Iw7AO9H9Fq1PMPE_afJNxsjL0e04Nu

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement