Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a bottle warmer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

GotBainne? wrote: »
    Hi,

Could anyone recommend a bottle warmer that can be used easily for night feeds. I want one that can be kept in the bedroom in order to prevent frequent trips to the kitchen to heat up the bottle. Ones that I am considering are:

Fisher-Price Bottle Warming Vacuum Flask

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Travel Bottle Warmer

Summer Infant Express Bottle Warmer And Steriliser

Lindam Food and Bottle Warmer

Cheers,
    GB.

Is your baby used to warm bottles? If not, start them on room temp now while you have the chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

room temp if you can - i used the microwave for 30 secs then shake and put the top on - but i bet a phn would advise against - saying that it never did my kids any harm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We had a bottle warmer but it was wasted. She much preferred her bottles at room temp.

If you don't already have one, invest in one of those formula powder tub things which has 3 compartments and you measure the powder out into each one. Then bring your bottle of cooled boiled water to bed with the tub, and just add the pre-measured abount of formula at feeding time. Shake and feed!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

We got a TommeeTippee one and I don't think we ever used it..

We used to just warm his bottle in the en suite's wash basin with the hot tap while we were changing his nappy.. worked great.

Tbh the bottle warmer was just a waste of money, it takes ages to heat the bottles up.. you're literally waiting on a little light bulb to heat it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

as others have said if you can get your baby use to drinking bottles at room temp. then you are flying, we unfortunately, we have to warm our bottles all the time as babies where use to it from the SC BU so we continue it on, they wouldnt take bottles cold or at room temp, so we invested in two bottle warmers, and I agree they take a while to heat up, but they are a life saver for us :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

here is that bottle warmer again that purplecat was on about.
    http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/new_electric_bottle_and_food_warmer/

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭muttley-dps

Our little one got used to warm milk so stuck with it. We use the following;
    http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/new_travel_bottle_and_food_warmer/

great for what you asked for plus on the road. I've many a time forgotten to close the lid properly and ended up with a wet change bag! Highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 8 randward

We swear by our Dr. Browns one. You just pop the cold bottle in from the fridge, hit the button and in 3 mins its at room temp (he hates warm bottles), you can set the timer according to the temp you want. It uses steam so there is a little water reservoir at the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭PammyD

We had a bottle warmer but it was wasted. She much preferred her bottles at room temp.

If you don't already have one, invest in one of those formula powder tub things which has 3 compartments and you measure the powder out into each one. Then bring your bottle of cooled boiled water to bed with the tub, and just add the pre-measured abount of formula at feeding time. Shake and feed!

I used to do this too, best invention ever that lil tub is and a flask of water cooled to preferred temp.. No more traipsing around in d middle of the night!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

That's against the current bottle-making advice, as you are not sterilising the formula itself with hot water. I also found the formula powder didn't dissolve properly in room temperature water... it was left in lumps at the bottom and the baby found it a bit harder to digest. Safer and better to make the bottles up in advance and stick them in the fridge. We took our middle-of-night bottle out of the fridge when we were going to bed, so it was room temp at night-feed time.

We warm the bottle for the 8pm bedtime feed in the sink of hot water while doing the bath, but everything else from fridge or room temp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GotBainne?

Thanks for all the suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

We got one, never used it, waste of money. They take too long to heat up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Got the Avent one - it's ok - quite quick - we only use it for expressed milk from fridge... When using formula properly I'd hope she'll take room temp as she very impatient at feeding time and I couldn't handle the 3-5 mins or screeching every feed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

I've got this one and couldn't be happier.
    It warms food cans as well and you can use it on the car.

Summer Infant Express Bottle Warmer And Steriliser

Advertisement