Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JJB's Childers road

• 14-02-2012 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Got the living social deal for here a couple of weeks back.
    I've heard that place is packed to capacity with the result that machines and classes are unavailable esp in eve which is the only time I can go.
    Anyone any experience of the weight loss pilates? I'm doing ww and even tho my overall fitness would have improved over the last 6 weeks, I'm still not fit exactly. I've never done a pilates class - will it be too difficult?
    Thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Weight loss pilates will be mediocre at its very best. Pilates isn't something that's orientated at weight loss by any means. It will help with core strength, lower back if there are any injuries, depending on who is instructing - posture too.

If you got the class pass, I'd advise you try to go to a class with someones name on it rather than a class that says 'JJB team', that what you are generally, in most cases, getting a freelance instructor, most freelancer are a little more qualified and coach more than just instruct (notice i said most, not all).

If pilates is your thing, you will only get OK classes at best there (speak as a participant in them and someone down the route of a long term qualification in it). Try Krystian, he is freelance, Kasia has a fitness yoga class that i have been too that i liked too.

EDIT: yeah its busy, to be honest its peak times in the evenings. The only real problem evening classes to your name down for will be indoor cycling as their are only 15 bikes, and maybe Zumba.

Maybe try a variety of classes that you are able to, to see what you take a fancy to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I never do classes but don't have a problem getting access to machines. I tend to go weekends mostly and the odd evening.

Only complaint would be instead of one big swimming lane, they should extend a bit have and have three smaller ones. Its all well and good saying swim clockwise but everyone swims at different speeds! Also a lot of people like to just stand on the edges of the pool (??) so you can't swim up and down the non lane area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

I was a member here for over 5 years, but I've left as a result of all the voucher sales etc..

Its packed to the rafters right now ...

Advertisement