Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever get off with someone with the same surname as you?

• 14-02-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Spouses don't count. I'd imagine it could happen a fair bit in a country like this. Seeing as my surname is fairly common, I've fancied quite a lot of girls with it. Unfortunately, due to being undesirable, I haven't made it happen yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

Haaa, no. I have a more unusual surname, it's not too popular.

I did hear of a Karol Byrne and a Carol Byrne once hooking up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I got myself off last night.....so yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

YORE MA

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

I know of a welsh woman who married a welsh........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No but the chances of that ever happening is very very slim 'cause my surname is quiet unique and unusual. Though chances are likely I get off with someone with the same initial(s). Don't think I have yet. Probably haven't gone off with someone with the same surname initial but I almost did I think. Its not unusual though.

If its a common surname like murphy, o'connor or o'sullivan chances are high that you probably would go off with someone with the same surname!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Once or twice.

Regards,

Joey Fritzl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

my friend has 2 kids with a guy who'se surname is the same as hers... and no they werent related.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I imagine seeing as wales has like 3 surnames, jones and the other, Its common there

My surname is scottish and not common

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

When I was about 12, new family moved into town with same surname. No relation, a bit of snogging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Yeah I found the only other person with my surname, who wasn't related, and snogged d face off him...I was bout 16, you are allowed to "snog" at 16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Catxscotch wrote: »
    Yeah I found the only other person with my surname, who wasn't related, and snogged d face off him...I was bout 16, you are allowed to "snog" at 16

You actively searched for someone with the same surname as you, are you from leitrim?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

John Doe1 wrote: »
    I imagine seeing as wales has like 3 surnames, jones and the other, Its common there

Why pick on Wales go to South Kerry

Scottish and not common , does not compute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I know a girl whose name could be male or female. She's going out with someone with the same first and second name as her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I know a girl whose name could be male or female. She's going out with someone with the same first and second name as her.

For some reason I've begun to hum "The Crying Game"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

My surname is really unusual so I have yet to find someone with the same surname who isn't related....so no not yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

No, we'd definitely be related. But I do come from a place where Ryans and Murphys and O'Mearas and Hogans are well represented and there's nothing strange about them marrying, I would have thought.

Most Irish people have far more genetic connections than their surnames would suggest anyway, we tend to forget how limited parochial genepools were only 50 years ago in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

later10 wrote: »
    Most Irish people have far more genetic connections than their surnames would suggest anyway, we tend to forget how limited parochial genepools were only 50 years ago in Ireland.

That would explain why we're all so bleedin' ugly then!

Well, except me. I'm hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I know a guy who's so inbred he's possibly his own grandmother.

He had to stop his shagging ways or else his great grandfather would never have been born

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

My first proper snog was with a guy with the same surname.
    And in college I had a "thing" with a guy with the same surname.
    It's not an overly common name, but there are quite a few here in cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

John Doe1 wrote: »

Not too hot at addition too apparently....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Not only got off with him but lived with him for 8 years and planned to move back to Ireland (we lived in Sweden) and get married. But then we split up.

He's now married with 3 kids to a hot Swede who was my best friend in Sweden. Went to their wedding an' all. Swedes are cool like that :)

My surname is the most common one where I'm from and my ex is from the same town so nothing unusual in getting together with the same name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I've tapped Mrs Oldyouth alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

dangerous game in Ireland ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

No but my parents did

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

No, and I've got a surname that's supposedly very common too :/

Advertisement