Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trinity PDE interview questions - Geography

• 14-02-2012 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi

I have an interview with Trinity for the PDE in Geography.

Aside from the usual "what makes a good teacher" / classroom scenario questions, can anyone give any advice on specific Geography questions the interviewers may ask?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭moorele

Would also be interested in this. I have an interview for PGDE in Biology. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sarahb82

Make sure you know your subject area. I had looked at the curriculum for my subjects before I went to the interview so knew the layout of the exam papers and the topics which come up. Other than that it's the same as preparing for any other interview. they have your application in front of them and I was asked about any extra curricular activities. I am currently studying my PDE in science and these are the types of questions I was asked, so I guess it will vary slightly between the disciplines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Obviously the subject content is important - also get up to speed with proposed changes to the JC.

I had a previous career so I pushed that I wanted to get into teaching so badly that I quit my job to do it. Basically show them that it is what you really want, passion for your subject etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 edel_C

I have one in History. Does anyone know if there are specific questions for the History interview or are they generally the same questions for all subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mr.BA

Hi,
    I too have an interview in Geography for Trinity!
    I talked to one of my career teachers in UCD and they said it is vital you have some teaching experience in order to do well in the interview

• Advertisement
Advertisement