Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upc broadband slow in Remore

Options
  • 14-02-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

The internet connection has been slow enough with a huge ping! Anyone else with the same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

Hi Mallachy, I dunno if we have the same problem but I when I start up my laptop my UPC network is local only.

To fix the problem I need to disconnect and then reconnect to the UPC network.

Did you ring UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭mallachyrivers

No because i hate ringing them, thats why i'm asking to see if others have the same problem first! i konw how to work a computer!

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

Happens to me regularly. Could be something to do with the work they did a few weeks ago, when the broadband went belly up. i also loose connection completley at least for 10 mins every day (usually when gaming:mad:).

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭mallachyrivers

So its not just my house, someone is going to have to ring them, hopefully not me!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

No good to ye I know but in Ballybritt had similar issues a while back and seems to be sound in more recent times, hopefully its just a junction box(?) that needs replacing. When it's connecting reliably are ye getting near the speed yer paying for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

UPC is probably the worst service I have ever used, and Im based in the renmore area too. Down every evening religiously, and thats not just the internet connection, the tv signal was just the same if not worse. I ended up changing to a different company and haven't had a single issue since, and thats nearly 2 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I'm near the top of Threadneedle rd and the UPC speeds have been awful here for the past 2 - 3 weeks.
    I'm on a 25Mb/s package but only getting 1.5Mb/s - 5.2Mb/s.
    I logged a call with UPC yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,246 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm in Terryland and have started to notice a bit of a difference lately. I'm on a 25MB package too and sometimes I'm getting very close to that, but other times my download speeds are only like 300-500kbps. It's a bit annoying but not a disaster for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

UPC Internet and Tv have just gone here now Renmore! :mad:

Anyone else having issues?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

UPC are badly congested in Galway and will be until they complete a capacity swap with Aurora followed by a major backhaul upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Rang customer care and got an automated response apologizing for the outage in Renmore and that they are working on getting it fixed ASAP. Here's hoping.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Internet's been down for almost 5 hours now at ours. (On phone internet). Tv and phone have been on and off all day too. Thoroughly sick of this,will be switching to another company as soon as possible.I can understand the odd blip but when there's a upc van outside all the fcuking time it gets old fast. We've been having problems (with the broadband in particular) for weeks now so this is the last straw.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭gudpony

My Girlfriend just spotted 3 UPC vans while waiting for the bus in Renmore. So should be back soon

Advertisement