Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting from scratch.

Options
  • 14-02-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

It's fair to say my garden is a disgrace. So with that in mind I decided that something needs to be done about it and soon otherwise I'm just going to keep putting it off until someone gets lost in the mess of weeds and long grass.

To start I'm going to kill off everything. I will be re-seeding the lawn as soon as I have the garden in a shape that I want it but this may take a while. I have the weed killer ready to go so I'm just wondering is now a good time to put it down while we've some dry weather?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 morg

Depends on what weedkiller you're using. Let's say it's Round-up. I'd only use it if there are signs of growth in the weeds/grass. Using weedkiller on vegetation when it's fairly dormant won't give good results .The weedkiller should say on the packaging if it will only work on actively growing plants .
    It will probably involve a repeat application for 100% kill. I'd personally hold off for a few weeks and then do it.If it works first time round you'll be waiting ages for vegetation to die back.
    HTH

Advertisement