Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Pool - NCD etc

Options
  • 14-02-2012 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭

I know there was a thread on this before but I'm wondering if there area any pools in NCD or threabouts?

Ballymun pool - there isn't any parking as far as I can see....
    Is Jackie Skelly in Applewood closed?
    That place in Santry - Northwood, it looks very very busy; is it?
    What about the Aura Leisure centre in Drogheda, any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Aura is good. Well, my kids enjoy their lessons there.
    Jackie Skelly's is open under another name. Use forum search & you should find a post I made recently for a new DCN resident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

My kids are having lessons in the Alsaa club at the airport.

Link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Duke Fame

I like portmarnock small but good

http://www.pslc.ie/

Here you go. Forum search is your friend. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

My kids are having lessons in the Alsaa club at the airport.

Link.
    Used to have a membership there - maybe I'm making excuses for my lazy ass but I didn't find it great -pool was way too small. I know there's a bigger pool across the way on the grounds of the airport but I just found that a bit awkward.
    Might try that place in Drogheda - looks easy to get to from Swords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

born2bwild wrote: »
    I know there's a bigger pool across the way on the grounds of the airport but I just found that a bit awkward.

Yeah, that's where they swim, right next to terminal 2.
    Plenty of free parking right outside the pool door too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

My son does lessons on a Sunday morning in Gormanston College.

http://www.gormanstoncollege.ie/water.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Jackie Skelly's is called Energie now - it's the same building. There is a 20m pool and they do a *lot* of kids lessons. I don't use the pool much but it's only a kid free zone early in the morning and late at night.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Here's some links to threads in the swimming forum:

Pools in Dublin

Directory of swimming pools, clubs and lessons.

I know these lists are nationwide, but there's a lot of info and links to Dublin places there.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

Just wondering if anyone has a recommendations for kids swimmimng lessons in NCD.

Have numbers for Energise and Trinity Sports complex(though heard sometimes water can be a bit cold for kids). So will ring them on Monday but any others I am leaving out?

Leaving in Swords area

cheers

• Advertisement

Threads merged.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

size5 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has a recommendations for kids swimmimng lessons in NCD.

Have numbers for Energise and Trinity Sports complex(though heard sometimes water can be a bit cold for kids). So will ring them on Monday but any others I am leaving out?

Leaving in Swords area

cheers

We had our girl in energie and that true, the water is a bit cold sometimes and also I found they are standing out of the water too much getting really cold. Thinking of owning up to the place in Sportslink. Supposed to be very good and some slides and stuff for kids too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Sportslink has a great pool,a couple of large slides and a wave pool.

http://www.sportslink.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

Just an update for anyone looking for swimming lessons for the kids. Done plenty of ringing around and asked loads of questions but only visted Trinity Sports Complex and Energise.

I choose Little sharks whichs runs out of Trinity Sports Complex for the following reasons:
    • Appears to be little staff turnover of instructors, allowing child to get familar and confident with them;
    • My daughter was just starting there was 1 instructor on the bank BUT 2 instructors in the pool looking after the babies; When she goes to next level 1 instructor on bank and 1 in pool.-The above sold it to me
    • All lessons are held at same time so allows for a good continuation throughout the year. Energise only had 1 pool for lessons so beginners were at one time and next level a different time-kids don't like change(by that I mean me:rolleyes:).
    • Instuctors & classes appear to be well organised with Helen(the boss) supervising the show-viewing all classes to make sure all is well.
    • Had fears about my daughter been cold but no such problems happened
    • good viewing gallery for parents to sit.
    • Cost-works out at €10 a lesson, this last term been very short as school finishing and lessons not restarting till summer-Energise continue right through.
    The only downfall I felt was that parents(me been a model parent:p)did not use shoe covers when leaving kids to the instructors.

Note: No affiliation to either the complex or Little Sharks but might help someone else looking for lessons for their little fish:D

Advertisement