Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

The website is great. But if I was a would-be customer I'd run away once I saw the '3' turned backwards. Would presume it's a teenager doing it from his bedroom. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

dory wrote: »
    The website is great. But if I was a would-be customer I'd run away once I saw the '3' turned backwards. Would presume it's a teenager doing it from his bedroom. :)

So the site looks like the work of a teenage boy :(

Everything else ok? Is the site optimised alright? Images not to heavy. Anything you'd change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Website theme looks great. Can't say too much about speed as viewing it from 100Mb BB. If you are looking to attract business from Google/search engines you will def need to do some work on the SEO side of things.

I understand what dory is saying with regards to the logo and I kinda agree. The logo needs work - New font, icon and def no yellow in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Thanks for your replies.

The logo is taken from a screengrab of the business card and is in the same style and font as the business cards, flyers and the van which all look very well. It's not really an option to change the logo at this stage, although I could possibly change the yellow colour to something else for the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fokebox

Nice website! And great designed. Looks clear and everything look very attractive.
    I would give only one suggestion to insert some general information on the index page who you are and what you do!
    Kind regards,
    Fokebox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

At first glance I think the layout and overall look and design is very nice, as for the logo well the 3's dont bother me too much but I do agree with the yellow makes it hard to read.

I think the font on the Services and Offers page is way too small and therefore hard to read,(both the actual content and nav bar at the side) I would defo think about making this bigger as accessibility is a big issues nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭benbob65

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Is the site optimised alright?

Depends what you mean by that; optimised for what?

Images not to heavy. Anything you'd change?
    Yes, one thing you should change imho. Though it looks nice, there is one thing missing. I looked at "above the fold", and then scrolled to the bottom.
    :confused: Something about computers. :confused:
    There was no "aha!" moment. As a visitor, there was nothing that gave me the impression of: "this is exactly what I need.

Advertisement