Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trademark registration scam - GAIA ALMANACH

Options
  • 14-02-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just more of a heads up:

I recently registered a trademark for a logo through a solicitor here in Cork. I paid the 70e fee plus solicitor fees. All sorted.

I then received an 'invoice' today from a company 'GAIA ALMANACH' for 1350 euro that was due for listing in their 'international register of trademarks.

The invoice has the correct logo, company name and address.

A quick google showed the company to be regular scammers.

A few things to look out for:

Once you trademark a logo in Ireland, the details are publicly viewable, GAIA ALMANACH don't have an inside track or anything.

The logo printed on the letter is extremely pixelated... no way they have the original copy.

The banking details & address of the company are in Hungary, much of the text on the invoice is in French, not a language they speak.

Hopefully no one gets caught out by this.

Advertisement