Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery Issue with New PC Order from HWVS

Options
  • 14-02-2012 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,

I ordered a new PC from hardwareversand.de last week and received only one (of two) packages today. The one I received contained the case. The other one (presumably) has everything else (mobo, CPU, graphics card etc). When HWVS dispatched the two packages they sent me two tracking codes as follows:

"2012-2-08 at 18:01 The goods were dispatched. - 2 package(s). Identcode(s): [xxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxxx] -"

I've been able to monitor the progress of the packages on https://www.dhl.de/en.html but only one of them on http://track.anpost.ie/track.html.

On the DHL site, the missing package has a status of "The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center" (but has a 100% progress bar) and the one I received "The shipment has arrived in the destination country" (and an 80% progress bar).

Am I correct in assuming that only one of the 'Identcodes' is used for both packages once they reach Ireland (i.e. AnPost)? I'm just wondering where my second parcel could be at this stage. I asked in the post office and was told that if there were two packages there would be something like "1/2" written on the package I have and it would also be mentioned on the attempted delivery docket.

I'm getting kind of worried now :confused: Anyone else experience anything like this when ordering from HWVS?

Thanks,

whatahw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I ordered something from them last Thursday. So far from what I can tell, it was shipped out Friday, and has been sitting in Koln airport since 00:12 Saturday morning. There's been no update on the tracker since then (although the DHL.de tracker seems to be down at the moment.)

I rang An Post this morning, and they said while they can come straight to Ireland, it's often possible for them to be routed through the UK and miss a few scans on the way, or for scans to be mixed up. So it's possible that one of your packages went one way and another the other way? I know that doesn't explain why they're showing the one you have as enroute, and vice versa, but I definitely got the impression that the An Post agent was eye-rolling about the efficiency of international delivery. And she told me it could be Thursday or Friday before I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 whatahw

Thanks for the info Buceph. Yeah, I remember on the DHL tracker the last update of the delayed package was at about 00:05 on Saturday morning at Koln as well.

I suppose my packages were split up for whatever reason and with your info it sounds like the delayed one is taking a slower route along with yours. That's a bit more reassuring. Was hoping I hadn't lost ~€500 worth of stuff in the post!

The DHL tracker just updated my status. Supposedly my package arrived in Ireland around noon today. (But it decided not to tell me this until a few minutes ago.)

My package was delivered this morning. I hope yours was too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 whatahw

Just got a chance to check the An Post tracker. Yep, it says there was an attempted delivery today! Gonna pick it up at the post office when I get outta work! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement