Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Realt Dearg closed...

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

hoodwinked wrote: »

my first time in college years ago every bar on washington street/college area would have been packed, its not like that or close to that at all anymore.

I remember that.

The Western Star was Ireland's first million pound pub.

It used be chaotic in there 7 nights a week. They used run buses in town to the clubs.

I'm not sorry to see those pubs go though, must of them were complete dives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

The original Gateway was a real Barrack Street pub. This place you refer to just looked liked a plastic bar to me, never once drank there and glad I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheBookKeeper

Hello again. Rang the previous letting agent a few days ago. The solicitor Andrew Moore was dealing with the lease but it must have fallen through. Now, as the place has been closed for over 12 months....I am again looking for any information in relation to who I might speak to about a possible lease agreement. I really think i could make a go of this place.

Any help would be very much appreciated

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I thought someone told me that it was open again as The Gateway...

I'm probably wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Faith wrote: »
    I thought someone told me that it was open again as The Gateway...

I'm probably wrong though.

You're right. It's been open as the Gateway for a good long while now. I pass it nearly every time I'm on my way into town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

Yup, it's been open for the last few months.

Advertisement