Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diabetic Cupcakes Recipes

Options
  • 14-02-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi, i'm just wondering, would anyone on here have a tried and tested recipe for diabetic cupcakes, frosting also, any help would be appreciated, its for my daughters little friend who really misses out when she calls watching the rest tuck in, i'd love to treat her to something special next time. thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Hi first focus,

A lot of people don't realise that it's not just the sugar that's the problem for diabetics, it's carbs altogether. So many people believe that a smaller (think mini cupcake) amount of the real thing is preferable to a full-size sweetener-laden cupcake with lots of carbs.

However if you're looking for a tried and tested recipe, this gets good reviews :
    Low-carb sugar free chocolate cupcakes

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭First Focus

Thanks veery much, now next job, where to source some of these ingredients

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Thanks veery much, now next job, where to source some of these ingredients

It shouldn't be too hard. I am fairly sure that all of these ingredients can be got in major supermarkets. If you cant get almond flour in a supermarket, you can definitely get it in health food shops.

2 cups almond flour
    1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
    6 tablespoons butter
    1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    5 eggs, separated
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    5 tablespoons cocoa powder

Advertisement