Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it Ok to place Fridge in Small Boiler Room?

• 14-02-2012 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Is it ok for me to place a fridge in the small boiler room I have? The room gets warm but not very hot but certainly warm. Is this a problem for the fridge? Would i need to put in an air vent? The room about 5 foot by 4 5 foot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Fridges are simply heat pumps, extracting heat from inside the cabinet and dissipating it to the atmosphere through the fins at the back. Obviously the warmer the room the less heat is dissipated. You may overcome this be increasing the dial on the fridge which would cause the compressor motor to run more often.
    Try it for a while and see, it won't harm the fridge immediately but bear in mind that constant running could shorten the life of the compressor by a few yrs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

If the room is 5 foot by 45 foot as you say put it at the opposite end to the boiler and it should be fine :D:D:D
    sorry couldnt resist ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Both the boiler and fridge will run more efficiently if the area they are in is ventilated.

Cool outside air will help the boiler burn more efficiently, and the fridge cool more efficiently.

Advertisement