Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to eMobile

Options
  • 14-02-2012 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I am currently a Vodafone customer (and have always been), but I am out of contract and they don't sell the phone I want (4s 32gb) so am looking at my options. At the moment, top of the list is eMobile but I think I read or heard somewhere that they can't port numbers over - is this correct?

Having had this mobile number for about 13 years I don't plan to change it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

HiGlo wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I am currently a Vodafone customer (and have always been), but I am out of contract and they don't sell the phone I want (4s 32gb) so am looking at my options. At the moment, top of the list is eMobile but I think I read or heard somewhere that they can't port numbers over - is this correct?

Having had this mobile number for about 13 years I don't plan to change it.

Hi HiGlo
    cookie1977is correct, all numbers can be ported over. See our online link here If you have any further query just let me know.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ThreeVictim

Yes, I'm switched to e-Mobile too. They told me it is no problem port my old number to the new contract. The Hotline said it needs one hour, :eek: I was joking and ask him what it means in Irish time.:P This was three month ago, I'm still waiting :confused:

I made another crazy experience yesterday. I have unlimited Mobile Internet as Add On. Unlimited? As a matter of fact it is just 10 GB but who cares 10 GB is nearly endless because is hard to imagine :p. Okay for my smart phone more than enough and the price is unbeatable. But yesterday, I had some updates and downloaded new Apps, got a sms about my excessive usage!

"You are approaching 50Mb daily Mobile Internet allowance. General rates will then charged.see(meteor.ie)"

:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry, 50 Mb by 30 days is 1.5 Gb! So what i do wrong?

I'm e-mobile customer, I don't care about meteor terms&conditions they are different to e-mobile t&c which I'm accepted.

Is this Add On just a big scam???

Yes, I'm switched to e-Mobile too. They told me it is no problem port my old number to the new contract. The Hotline said it needs one hour, :eek: I was joking and ask him what it means in Irish time.:P This was three month ago, I'm still waiting :confused:

I made another crazy experience yesterday. I have unlimited Mobile Internet as Add On. Unlimited? As a matter of fact it is just 10 GB but who cares 10 GB is nearly endless because is hard to imagine :p. Okay for my smart phone more than enough and the price is unbeatable. But yesterday, I had some updates and downloaded new Apps, got a sms about my excessive usage!

"You are approaching 50Mb daily Mobile Internet allowance. General rates will then charged.see(meteor.ie)"

:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry, 50 Mb by 30 days is 1.5 Gb! So what i do wrong?

I'm e-mobile customer, I don't care about meteor terms&conditions they are different to e-mobile t&c which I'm accepted.

Is this Add On just a big scam???

Hi ThreeVictim
    If you PM me your tel no and pin I can have these issues investigated for you and hopefully resolved.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ThreeVictim

Okay thanks but it was my fault, this sms about 50Mb relates on roaming in NI.

Problem fixed....

• Advertisement

Okay thanks but it was my fault, this sms about 50Mb relates on roaming in NI.

Problem fixed....

Ok ThreeVictim
    glad to hear that and thanks for posting back.
    Tony

Advertisement