Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have phones got more expensive recently?

Options
  • 14-02-2012 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

I bought my Galaxy S2 from Metoer last August and paid €99.99 for the phone (after a FatCheese.ie rebate) on a 12 month plan.

The plan I'm on has 200 minutes, 200 texts and 1GB data per month at €30 (it was available on an 18 month contract at the time for €25 per month).

Meteor no longer have FatCheese rebates and the phone is now €279.99 on the same plan at €25.41 per month for 18 months.

Based on an 18-month contract, the phone is now €187.38 more expensive.

Are there any good value options for high end phones available with any of the networks at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

was thinking the same thing. My phone got robbed so used my dads upgrade few months ago, he signed an 18 month contract with n data, 20 or 25 a month and I paid about 150 or less for the galaxy s 2. I'm now due an upgrade and I see the phones have doubled in price and the option of 12 month contracts are gone...not sure what to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

Prices change every month for each network.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yes, they've increased a lot, the VAT increase wouldn't have helped either I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

Well with Meteor, they took the hit in January as only a few prices changed. Almost everything changed in price this month though.

Advertisement