Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

screwless socket

Options
  • 14-02-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I cannot find how to remove a screwless socket.

Google has finally failed me.The only "how to" i found was for a different type socket.

A few of these sockets were installed about 5 years ago in my apartment. They are white plastic double and triple sockets, cant find a make on them.

no screws visible.

I have tried pulling them, and levering from behind.

I am sure it is simple.
    ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

Some pics please, and include a few close ups as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paddymick

They usually just clip on and off.If you look up under the bottom of one there should be a slot where you can stick a flathead screwdriver in to pop it off.you might need to clean away some paint first if the walls where painted after the faces where fitted.

When you where trying to lever them off you could have been in behind the actuall socket as apposed to only the face plate.
    Try working at a corner first and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 browser11

no slot underneath. perfectly smooth underneath, and on sides and top.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 browser11

sorry, cant upload photos.... my phone is a crap LG one.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

probably legrand sockets... They have a faceplate on them. Need to clip it off and the screws are visible... A pic would help us out

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Knock off the MCB at the board 1st though,to kill the socket (safety 1st).

Very small flat head,and pop it from either side or the top.

The main facia plate pops off.

Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Are they converta replacement sockets
    If so ,the retention screws will be in the middle,not the edge as normal

Sometimes there is a little round plastic insert placed over the retaining screws
    Push a small screwdriver into the middle of this insert and burst the insert
    Then prise the insert out
    This should expose the screws to allow removal
    Sometimes there are spare inserts inside the removed socket to allow for neat refitting

Advertisement