Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jigsaw Murders

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

love the jigsaw murders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

very nice ,

although it does seem to suffer excessive smoothness / lack of transients partic on drums - but this may be my tastes. ;)

any clues on how you got the guitar sound ?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

DaDumTish wrote: »
    very nice ,

although it does seem to suffer excessive smoothness / lack of transients partic on drums - but this may be my tastes. ;)

any clues on how you got the guitar sound ?

I don't hear that at all. The drums are punching through great as far as I can hear.
    Remember that a mix can only be as loud as the loudest thing in it.
    If that happens to be a loud snare transient then the RMS level will be low.

Guitar is American Deluxe Tele (left) and Gibson Les Paul with P-90s (right) into tube screamer into fully cranked vox night train 50 head into Orange 4x12. Miked with single 57 into API preamp pushed to +12 bd for added dirt.
    A lot of the punch in the guitar sound is coming from the bass which is pretty driven too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

yep, first listen was on a laptop with in ears

second was on home pc with decent sound card and over ears.

sounds way better- great actually .

i learned something today ;)

** cough still think kick and snare could be louder though cough **

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CrimsonSounds

Cool !

Only one thing I can hear I would have mixed differently - that's the lead vox.

I find it to be slightly too low in the mix against the guitars. Maybe that's actually the guitars that need to be a bit lower, but whichever gets the right balance with the drums and bass would decide that.

Otherwise, lovely - great delivery like you said - you can hear the intent which works well with the track.

Well done ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement