Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builing an extension

Options
  • 14-02-2012 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,
    We are looking at putting an extension on the back of the house. Anyone been through this process lately?
    Most of the builders who did them around us are now out of business.

Cheers,
    Dom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Hi Dom, I'm working on a couple of extensions at the moment. And very recently I've had the pleasure of checking through all the documentation of each tendering contractor for their insurances, company status, tax cleareance etc and even find some companies having been struck off! Interesting times, but I will say there's still some very good guys still around.

Have you considered maybe doing a design first (PM me ;)) and then get a budget price to see if its viable. Remember the guy that does it cheapest may not do it to building regs and you may not be able to get it signed-off (headache if trying to sell). Always advisable to have a Chartered Surveyor manage your affairs :)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement