Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

manister lake, near croom, co limerick

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 donaghm

joeyturbo wrote: »
    took the girlfriends 2 small brothers fishing yesterday in lough gur. they both caught 2 roach each on bread.

I live near there and I'm trying to get my girls fishing but know knowthimg about fresh water fishing as always sea fished

where did you fish and what tactics did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭tonymontana82

donaghm wrote: »
    I live near there and I'm trying to get my girls fishing but know knowthimg about fresh water fishing as always sea fished

where did you fish and what tactics did you use?

maggots would be your best bet, you can fish off either side of the lake, i use a size 12 hook mostly a couple of feet off a waggler float. if you can buy a light float rod you will have a good laugh off it, especially with the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joeyturbo

like tony said mate, maggots/bread useing a float rod an your sorted. heres a photo of the size roach they got
    2012-08-30155113.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6 donaghm

Thanks lads I'll have to give it a try. Main thing for kids is to catch fish.

I was there yesterday sping for under an hour for pike but no luck. Two eastern european lads passed me by with a rubber dingy of the type that would be seen down a beach for kids with two rods

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭whacker1982

yep, was there last year on a kayak, came across two eastern europeans on a inflatable dingy way out in the lake, half deflated and no life jackets on, but they looked very relaxed, even in life threatening circumstances fishing can relax the mind. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Nollaig1981

Fished Lough Gur for pike today by the carpark caught nothing but was there a few months ago was full of Rudd there was perch there as well hunting them but couldn't spin because of the weed and only had bread the algae bloom that happens there turns the water green and when the bloom dies it takes the oxygen out of the water and causes fish kills. When fishing for Rudd I use bread or a maggot I normally throw in a full slice and it gets them attacking it and in a feeding frenzy then drop in your bait beside it and instant hit. When I lived in Ballyneety I fished it the whole time now I Live in Corbally so don't visit it that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joeyturbo

im mad to catch a pike in Lough Gur. might try it again once it gets abit warmer. i say dead bait will be best there. as theres way to much weed.. anyone fished tory hill since??

Advertisement