Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tv licence

• 14-02-2012 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

My friend got a summons to appear in court over not paying his tv licence. He has been on back to education, and was un-able to pay his tv licence, he didn't realise that it could be paid in instalments, until now.

Has anyone been in this situation before? What can he expect when he goes to court. If he pays the tv licence now, can he get out of going to court. I am not looking for Legal advise, I am just looking to see if anyone has been in this situation before, and would be able to guide him.

Thanks for any guidance, or past experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Death penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Did you really think reposting this after a mod locked it and explained why was a good idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Just tell him to buy licence and bring it with him to court. Tell judge that at time of offence he wasn't working but was slowly saving for it and has now purchased one.

If it's 1st time offence the judge will ask the prosecution if they wish to proceed and normally they don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭nessie911

nimrod86 wrote: »
    Did you really think reposting this after a mod locked it and explained why was a good idea?

Well the Mod said that one could not get legal advise, so I reposted the thread stating that I was not looking for legal advice, but was looking to see if anyone had been in this situation before, and how did it go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭nessie911

Just tell him to buy licence and bring it with him to court. Tell judge that at time of offence he wasn't working but was slowly saving for it and has now purchased one.

If it's 1st time offence the judge will ask the prosecution if they wish to proceed and normally they don't.

Thanks for that. Thats what he was thinking about doing, but he was wondering would he be listened to.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056097132
    In the legal discussion forum.
    Do not start another thread on this topic please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement