Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC HD...

Options
  • 14-02-2012 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all...

Anyone here have upc hd in waterford area? What is picture like? The standard box is terrible so wondering if should change it..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Had it before. Seemed grand. Changed back to sky though cos the service/customer care was ****e with UPC

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

If you want HD get sky instead of UPC because it's so much better! Sky have far more channels aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

+1 for Sky HD. Sky has way more HD channels on offer. Also be aware that UPC will probably never show Sky Sports in HD. When UPC went to Sky about offering Sky Sports HD on their platform they were quoted crazy money (in the tens of millions). Thus UPC politely declined :D

Check out this thread.

UPC HD vs Sky HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Do any of ye have the Sky HD or even just Sky+ but kept UPC Broadband? And how much are ye paying for it? As in, is it better value than UPC TV & Broadband? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭JShannow

If you want HD get sky instead of UPC because it's so much better! Sky have far more channels aswell.

Currently have upc with broadband and phone which is v reasonable... Anyine here mix and match them? How much does that work out at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

batm!ke wrote: »
    Do any of ye have the Sky HD or even just Sky+ but kept UPC Broadband? And how much are ye paying for it? As in, is it better value than UPC TV & Broadband? :confused:

Have Sky+ HD World for TV (€91.75 PM) and UPC Broadband 25mb & Phone package (Circa €42.00 PM)

I'm quiet happy with what I have

Bards wrote: »
    Have Sky+ HD World for TV (€91.75 PM) and UPC Broadband 25mb & Phone package (Circa €42.00 PM)

I'm quiet happy with what I have

I have the same and find its the best options :)

UPC have the best internet service around by far

Sky have the best TV service

simples.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

batm!ke wrote: »

Yep have sky tv and UPC broadband. The broadband is €7.75 extra a month with UPC as a standalone charge. Well worth it though to get proper broadband with UPC and great telly with sky!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

seanybiker wrote: »
    Had it before. Seemed grand. Changed back to sky though cos the service/customer care was ****e with UPC

I'm currently with UPC have HD box downstairs extra point up stairs standard box with sky sports only extra package I'm currently thinking of going to sky for better HD channels would their be much difference in prices? I pay about 130 to UPC that includes 32 for broadband

jo06555 wrote: »
    I'm currently with UPC have HD box downstairs extra point up stairs standard box with sky sports only extra package I'm currently thinking of going to sky for better HD channels would their be much difference in prices? I pay about 130 to UPC that includes 32 for broadband

Call Sky and tell them one of your friends signed up to Sky HD with the 1/2 price offer for 1st 12 months. I signed up last year and they gave me that offer.
    I did read some where that sky are going to scrap the HD charge soon ( I could be wrong though).
    There was also talk of the multi room charge being replace by once charge for the household.
    Another clincher for joining Sky is you get Sky anytime (Watch sports, Movies, etc on your mobile device for free) & Sky + (Record your programs on the go)

http://www.sky.com/products/tv-packs/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

Yep have sky tv and UPC broadband. The broadband is €7.75 extra a month with UPC as a standalone charge. Well worth it though to get proper broadband with UPC and great telly with sky!!:D

get the bundled phone offer and 25mb broadband, works out cheaper than the stand alone broadband offer they have;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I got the UPC HD bundle and signed off after about a year. Complete waste of money imo. As others have said their customer service is awful too. I've had to replace my box with them 3 times so far this year. Considering just packing it in altogether now and just sticking with netflix instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

I have sky with all channels exept for 3D and 900 channels :-). Also have HD and 2 multiroom boxes. Paying approx €110 a month.
    Was with NThelL before and will never go back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

seanybiker wrote: »

me to seany, sky are way ahead of them eejits in upc when it comes to costomer care,
    the sooner sky bring in the broadband to ireland the better and get rid of them eircom eejits aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

UPC HD is ****e to be honest. Ring them and tell them your moving to sky unless they give you HD free. Thats what i did and now i get everything for 50 quid a month. All TV stations with HD and 20meg.

HD is so badly laid out that you just watch basic telly anyway.

Get netflix and give it a go. Barely watch upc anymore since i got it.

Also maybe its a problem with your setup as even basic tv is crystal clear here.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

UPC tv takes some getting used to, I stuck with sky.

I have sky HD but im really beginin to wonder if its worth it or not, It only broadcasts in 1080i (720p) so its not a huge jump up. Hard to notice major diferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Got rid of UPC TV services and got in SKY +HD last year. Brilliant service, absolutely hated the sh!te UPC service. It was always breaking up, the box was crap, the planner was crap, the channels were crap. Set up Sky and kept the broadband services with UPC. I think it was the 50Meg BB. I did notice afterwards that I would have been better off having the phoneline too as it was cheaper than the standalone charge for not having TV services with UPC but was still getting a better bang for buck with Sky TV and UPC Broadband

Advertisement