Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Heater issue

Options
  • 15-02-2012 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, quick one -

I have a basic storage heater, with only an input and output but no main switch. I have it set to the minimum (off, presumably) in both cases, yet still receieve staggering electric bills. When I did use it, it would only give out heat after midnight (or thereabouts) and despite setting the output to 1, it would still emit heat.

Every evening, even with the settings for both input and output set to 1, I would hear a 'click' at approx 11pm.

Does this mean the timer is backwards, even though I'd rarely have had the input setting turned up at all during the day, seeing as it only ever emits heat during the night?

(whenever I do swtich the input to high overnight, it only releases a very small amount of heat the following day as well as a LOT of heat instantly)

Sorry, wasn't as much of a quick one as I planned!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

there should be a switch on the wall to turn it off... if u want more heat turn up the output dial... storage heaters heatup between 11-7 and emit heat during the day depending on the output dial....

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

there should be a switch on the wall to turn it off... if u want more heat turn up the output dial... storage heaters heatup between 11-7 and emit heat during the day depending on the output dial....

There is no switch on the wall (or anywhere) for it. I think it's just connected to the mains

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

is there a switch at the fuseboard labelled storage heaters u could try turn that off... if not comfortable with electrics get an electrician to check it out for you....

Advertisement