Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Ohhh god this is going to be awful. I'm switching now

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Oh for fúck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I'm out...
    Newstalk for me, have a good weekend folks and catch you all next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Why is this crap allowed to continue? Surely someone in RTE can see its absolute sh1te:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

Garbage!! Does Joe D think anyone else cares about his old buddy SIl Fox as much as he does...throw your own private bash Joe....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

All I'm hearing is laughter......

Fecks sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I haven't switched on, I checked here first and see that I won't be switching on...sounds like a load of sh1te to be honest. Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Just clicked on, that voice isn't Joes... Thats not a moaning/complaining voice...

Am out! Seeyas next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,868 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah Christ sake i was going to get a good laugh on my day off but balls to this. Might see what what's on on other Irish/british radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

The guy on the trumpet is woeful. I can fart better music that that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Partly guessed the thread would be bare today once the F-F alert had been given.

But an on-air "Birthday Party" for Syl Fox!! :mad: ffs :eek: One hour and fifteen minutes of Joe and his buddies telling 100-year old jokes to each other, probably telling Syl he's the greatest comedian since Brush Sheils and, of course, the greatest joke of all.....the whole shower of them laughing all the way the the bank afterwards...at our expense.

Some justification for not paying the Licence Fee when you have this nepotism going on, and I guess he'll have "the gang" back again in two weeks time for another fukced up Friday.

At least Moncreiff is in good form, and the St. Patricks Movies & Booze session should be above the usual to make up for Duffys Day of Crap.

Have a good w/e of it lads. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

earlier on.

joe : "how did you become a comedian ?"

syl : "i dont know !"

your not the only one there syl !

jayus.

i managed to stick this a bit more than usual but im starting to think its worse than FF. (funny friday, NOT the party, even syl aint that bad :D )

i mean who the hell else gets to indulge his mates birthday party while hes meant to be at work !

i swear ive seen some waste at RTE but this takes the buscuit. i dont even want to do the maths on how much money joes making for todays "labour".

sean moncreif is gonna be talking about drugs next (opium). have a feeling i may need some if i stick with this so its off to newstalk for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Liberties, ballyfermot, laughter, clontarf castle, ditty,laughter,some noise from a trumpet,laughter, golf, june rogers trying to be a bloke, jokes about Sly fox being tight,uncle Bob reciting a sh*t peom,Joe joining in at the end of song......thats all I have heard for the last hour............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Do you have to be a Dub to make a tribute to Syl?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Normal liveline episode = pages of posts.
    Funny Friday = 7 posts?

It was godawful, they spent most of their time howling with laughter at these "jokes".

e.g. Joe: What sort of hats did you make?
    Sil: The ones you wear on your head.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

Laugh it up Duffy!
    While you and your cronies make merry the elephants are still miserable!
    They won't forget you know! :mad:

_38083814_elephant2.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Do you have to be a Dub to make a tribute to Syl?

no just mentally ill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

90254044-1.jpg

One would have to wonder-the inability to look at the photographer, the vacant gurn (also in evidence on the cover of his vanity publication), and what the hell has he got around his neck?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Completely forgot about the 'bonus' Funny Friday so stuck on the podcast and got something far far worse.

What a load of self indulgent ****, RTE should be made publicly justify that absolute drivel. 79 isn't even a fooking milestone birthday! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

What the flip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

syklops wrote: »
    What the flip?

What? What?? Is it worth tuning in??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,229 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You missing your daily dose? 'Tis a Bank Holiday (or maybe a Public Holiday, can never tell the difference) here, so no Joe.

Thank God :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I tuned in.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Some quite good sketches (by the standard of lazy arsed impressions based RTE humour)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

sudzs wrote: »
    I tuned in.... :(

Sorry I didn't reply in time to stop you.

There was one sketch that was hilarious about an ad for a GAA players autobiography. But the rest was shoite so I turned off again.

"First we got a goal, then they got a goal, suddenly it was all to play for. Read about my crippling to addiction to sandwiches and why I left under 12 hurling for good in my Autobiography".

I lol'ed. It was different. The governmental dinner was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,229 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Is that Maxi on that debate show??? Where did they find her, haven't heard her on air in absolutely ages! I had vaguely heard she was ill, hope she's back in form and back on air soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is that Maxi on that debate show??? Where did they find her, haven't heard her on air in absolutely ages! I had vaguely heard she was ill, hope she's back in form and back on air soon.

Yeah, she was ill. She sounded very well in The Big Debate; I hope she has recovered.

Great to hear Maxi back over the airwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

90254044-1.jpg

One would have to wonder-the inability to look at the photographer, the vacant gurn (also in evidence on the cover of his vanity publication), and what the hell has he got around his neck?

Gaybo looks pretty smug here doesn't he? Wonder is it because he and Joe got free tickets to "Intolerable Frequency", the show that is advertised 10 times during every Joe Show?

Can anyone tell me who PAYS to go to these shows? Joe and 99% of RTE are there on freebies, so wo else goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

so is joe continuing the love in today?? or will he be apologising for the drivel and self congratulatory tripe that was the waste of license payers money last friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

neris wrote: »
    so is joe continuing the love in today?? or will he be apologising for the drivel and self congratulatory tripe that was the waste of license payers money last friday

Ah! funny Friday as funny as cancer. Whats next suicidal Saturday. It's a complete wastes of time and money. I never listen to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement