Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

I'm a bit confused about the Christmas party issue. The staff paid for the tickets themselves, so what is the guys problem??

He wasn't invited.

( He probably saw a ticket and it said "no begrudgers admitted", took umbrage and called Joe ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

If she had access to a lift she should have used that in the first instance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Yakuza wrote: »
    If she had access to a lift she should have used that in the first instance.

But its the ambulance Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

12 relatives and herself stood looking at the man gasping for air and complain about an ambulance

im glad im not part of that family

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

She'd have been quicker getting a greyhound lorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

I can see his point to be honest.. A lot of private businesses could do nothing last Christmas, bar let a few staff go.. The rates/taxes etc they pay go to the State, and then the State goes and spends it on xmas party.. (i.e. them who have let NO staff go).. ?

The staff are paying for the tickets themselves though..whats the story are people that work in banks/public service not allowed to get drunk and have uncomfortable conversations with their workmates now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

They don't refuse callouts Joe, because they aren't allowed to.

Why do I get the feeling this oul one is being economical with the truth

"You're Adam Ant"

No Joe, this is Adam Ant...

Adam-Ant-in-1981-001.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Just tuning in now, anyone hear David McSavage on Tom Dunne this morning ? I came in at the Oh My God when the woman told him her son drove in the bus lane with the hazards on, I thought I had tuned into a repeat of the earlier McSavage interview.

• Advertisement

RadioRetro wrote: »
    They don't refuse callouts Joe, because they aren't allowed to.

I was just thinkng that sounded like a sacking offence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

Actually have a christmas night out myself tonight...not in the mansion house, and I am paying myself ..with a bit of help from visa..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

If that's the funniest joke in "Da", then they can hardly call it hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Just tuned in..it ambulance discussion as far as i can gather...all subjects beginning with a...adoption, atms, adhd, we will move on to b sometime soon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What happens at a Christmas party in February? Do they still have turkey and ham and Christmas crackers? And do they play Slade's Merry Christmas Everybody, and do the bosses still try to pull the secretaries?

I worked for a company when in college whose busiest time of the year was Christmas, so we had our Christmas party St Patricks week every year !

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Who the hell steals a bag with hair in it.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Jaysoose wrote: »
    The staff are paying for the tickets themselves though..whats the story are people that work in banks/public service not allowed to get drunk and have uncomfortable conversations with their workmates now?

My sister works in a bank. They were told two years ago that they were "not allowed" to go out for Christmas in bigger groups than 5 people cos it's bad for the bank's image. Lovely them dictating how their staff spend their private time and money!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Jack O'Connor is a sickening individual. Sean O'Rourke should have picked him up on his own wages..

Jack Oconnor sounds like he doesnt know what to say half the time so he just spouts out the words wealthhy developers, golden circle, bankers and the most vulnerable in society. If naked camera was still on tv id love to see pj gallagher round up a load of people down at liberty hall with placards saying bankers deserve bigger bonuses or somthing along those lines to wind up the poor vulnerable people in that building

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

joe is so concerned about that woman and her lost bag, he cant be bothered to get the name of the gym on it right. its WESTPOINT joe not WESTWOOD :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

That_Guy wrote: »
    Who the hell steals a bag with hair in it.......

image-4-for-editorial-pics-30-june-2011-gallery-967013604.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hair-fetish-killer-danilo-restivo-182329

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Did she not spot the irony in her statement? Her first instinct was to call an ambulance *even though* she "luckily" had access to a lift, but was still prepared to potentially tying one up from helping someone who had no alternative way to get to the hospital? Time is of the essense in these matters (strokes etc.) - straight into the car and the most direct route to hospital.

did the mother disown her or die?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

signostic wrote: »
    Just tuned in..it ambulance discussion as far as i can gather...all subjects beginning with a...adoption, atms, adhd, we will move on to b sometime soon ;)

Hes done B and G to death. Binmen & Greyhound

cant wait to hear him do X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jaysoose wrote: »

Well he was arguing on the premise that the thing was being paid for by the State... I would find it incredible that the staff are paying for it fully.. i.e. that the staff would rather have a party that they are paying for themselves, some surely would rather pay off bits of mortgage/credit card/debt with that money?..

I would think that at least some of the money for the party it inevitably will be coming from the State... We'll probably find out about it at the PAC next year..

More adoptions :-(

neris wrote: »

I think hes on x at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Are we back on Adoptions ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

so has F ...Funny Friday :D

my friend wrote: »
    Are we back on Adoptions ???

Ohhhhhhhh yessssss! :( and probably from now 'til 3 ....seeing that he's put down the greyhound.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Well he was arguing on the premise that the thing was being paid for by the State... I would find it incredible that the staff are paying for it fully.. i.e. that the staff would rather have a party that they are paying for themselves, some surely would rather pay off bits of mortgage/credit card/debt with that money?..

I would think that at least some of the money for the party it inevitably will be coming from the State... We'll probably find out about it at the PAC next year..

More adoptions :-(

He was arguing based on a conversation he had with his mate who didnt have a clue either in fairness complete begrudgery and to be honest very childish on his and joes part to sneer without any facts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement