Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Private time and reflexion? Is that what you call it Martina? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Perfectly normal...

Nothing to see here...

Do they ever do random room searches in Manooth? Bet they would find all sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

A simple question for joe and mary, how about me and a few of the girls just randomly call out to your house and wander around it?

Suzie4 wrote: »
    A simple question for joe and mary, how about me and a few of the girls just randomly call out to your house and wander around it?

In your pyjamas?

You can come round mine ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

after the shíte he defecated the airwaves with last Friday and that nut Mary today Duffy is really taking the proverbial

care to discuss the Household charge Joe? then the License Fee is surely more legitimate for debate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I was away from my PC for the previous segment, but I presume the Revenue Commissioners will be looking into the tax that should now be due on tax-free portion of the redundo lump sum that anyone who walked back into the same job.

As I understand it, if you are made redundant from a job (vol or invol) (and get a lump sum, some of which is tax-free, you can't be hired back into the same position for at least a year (might be 6 months?), or the Revenue will (rightly) disallow the tax credit, as you've not really been made redundant.

So, will all these re-employed staff be coughing up their tax?

(Being the cynic that I am, there's probably some loophole that allows them to simultaneously get their lump, still have an income, and deprive the new students of their income and work experience at the same time. Gotta love this country:().

caller:"I was surprised to hear that"
    Joe:"Why?"
    Caller:"Because I forgot we have an army joe"

Yakuza wrote: »
    I was away from my PC for the previous segment, but I presume the Revenue Commissioners will be looking into the tax that should now be due on tax-free portion of the redundo lump sum that anyone who walked back into the same job.

As I understand it, if you are made redundant from a job (vol or invol) (and get a lump some, some of which is tax-free, you can't be hired back into the same position for at least a year (might be 6 months?), or the Revenue will (rightly) disallow the tax credit, as you've not really been made redundant.

(Being the cynic that I am, there's probably some loophole that allows them to simultaneously get their lump, still have an income, and deprive the new students of their income and work experience at the same time. Gotta love this country:().

remember the SIPTU deal at AerFungus?

Unions and their elite members always milk the taxpayers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

doesn't the Croke Park Agreement allow for re-deployment of public sector workers? we could shift a bunch of people from Dept of Gaeltacht and Rural Affairs into Peacekeeping in Lebanon.

RIRA are recruiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Yakuza wrote: »

As I understand it, if you are made redundant from a job (vol or invol) (and get a lump some, some of which is tax-free, you can't be hired back into the same position for at least a year (might be 6 months?), or the Revenue will (rightly) disallow the tax credit, as you've not really been made redundant.

These people took Early Retirement and were not made Redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Joe wants to join the FCA? :eek:

Radio Beirut will never be the same

europa11 wrote: »
    Joe wants to join the FCA? :eek:

He is too old.

And for all those who think the army just cut grass and sit around drinking tea,i happen to know they also eat a lot of macdonalds burgers,and can be seen regularly ,in uniform ,drinking coffee in the kylemore in rathmines ,dublin.

So there.

And for all those who think the army just cut grass and sit around drinking tea,i happen to know they also eat a lot of macdonalds burgers,and can be seen regularly ,in uniform ,drinking coffee in the kylemore in rathmines ,dublin.

So there.

so?

Edit: They also have been known to drive the odd taxi.

I remember a lad in one of the barracks I camped in told his NCO that he didnt feel well and could he go home, which they said was fine. His version of events is he felt a good bit better after a rest and decided it was too late to go back so he went out in the taxi. Got a call on the radio for a pick up outside a restaurant in town, off he goes and who gets into the taxi only his captain. Oooops.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BackScrub

The invasion has started already Joe in the form of economic terrorism.

The FCA with pitchforks and pikes won't save us this time.

Chlé, Dheis, Chlé, Dheis, Chlé, Dheis, Chlé.

doesn't the Croke Park Agreement allow for re-deployment of public sector workers? we could shift a bunch of people from the Gaeltacht into Peacekeeping in Lebanon.

:) Volunteer Dev Junior is ready to serve.

OCiuv3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

BackScrub wrote: »
    Chlé, Dheis, Chlé, Dheis, Chlé, Dheis, Chlé.

The only marching Duffy will be doing is up to the bank everyday with his couple of grand..

syklops wrote: »
    He is too rich.

fyp :D

syklops wrote: »
    so?

you seem to be missing the joke there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

lucylu wrote: »
    These people took Early Retirement and were not made Redundant.

Oops, I'd presumed it was via some voluntary redundancy mechanism. Never having worked in the civil/public service, I'm not too au fait with their cushty T's & C's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Wow, this loon gets practically a whole show to spout nonsense about possibly the most irrelevant topic ever on Lahv Lahn (in itself an accomplishment).

Mahon Report publication is imminent, it will not even be mentioned by Joe. I suspect we'll have Damian in that week and Joe will go on hols until the topic dies down.

Countrywide Presented by Damien O' Reilly

(Churches installing webcams to save their Priests interacting with punters?)
    Counrtywide, Saturday February 4th 2012

Frances Shanahan reports on how churches around the country are embracing new technology in an effort to keep in touch with their diversifying congregations. Up to forty Catholic Churches have installed web cams, which allow parishioners to watch local church services from all over the world, LIVE on the internet. Frances went along to Mass in Tuam Cathedral

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

They should ring that whingebag Liam Doran, and tell him that if he is not prepared to come on to discuss this important topic, then they will never let him on air when he wants to whinge about something that is of interest to him.

whats this about..... the Alternative Miss Ireland?

you seem to be missing the joke there.

I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Subtitles please, what is she waffling?

Retired people coming back into the workplace.

Where do those teachers and nurses think they are?......RTÉ.

europa11 wrote: »
    Retired people coming back into the workplace.

Where do those teachers and nurses think they are?......RTÉ.

its the Gay Byrne Generation

Oh god no,its mad marys mum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Everybody who gets on takes ages. Why does he never dump them and move on to someone with sense? He is a bad presenter I guess.:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement