Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

europa11 wrote: »
    Wasn't James Connolly the greatest ever Irishman of all time......according to Joe :)

for a scot lol

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Gosh Joe is curing me of himself, really not enjoying it the last day or two, heads on bread, ffs :rolleyes: if its still on about this at 2, I'm gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Let's be honest about it... If Hitler had persisted with Operation Sealion and actually occupied Britain (instead of turning his full attention to the invasion of Russia), then Hitler would be the most hated adversary in the UK...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Hilter is on the shortlist:eek:

Nope, its military figures not political figures but yet again Joe gets it wrong. Sure he read it in the Sunday Times but just stirring it.

Let's be honest about it... If Hitler had persisted with Operation Sealion and actually occupied Britain (instead of turning his full attention to the invasion of Russia), then Hitler would be the most hated adversary in the UK...

Was he a general?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Researcher getting a slap across the back of the head from Comrade Joe as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"the most gorgeous ad." - oh ffs

Slow day is it Joe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

RTE own all the images of Joe Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

Well that is if they werent all now speaking german.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

persisted with Operation Sealion .

He should have had an operation Octapus, those german octopi can tell the future.

• Advertisement

Im pretty sure there not the oldest bakery in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Car-Churchill-Insurance-Uk.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Gerald Kean (the Solicitor) is presenting the David Harvey Show on 4FM now.

They are talking about the Household Charge, if nothing else it's topical. More than you can say about Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"Nostalgia is a thing of the past"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

well. If it's in The Hedduld it must be true.

http://www.nam.ac.uk/exhibitions/online-exhibitions/enemy-commanders-britains-greatest-foes

I gave my vote to Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck who fight through world war 1 without defeat.

Todays bread ..today.

The genius of this slogan is there for all to see.

This is a case of some young idiot in a marketing company who has no idea that its not right to use historical figures to promote products.

Lol what a load of bull, you do know who one of those families that owns a share in JMOBs is Joe? Brennans, its a monopoly.

That_Guy wrote: »
    "Nostalgia is a thing of the past"

:pac:

One of the oldest puns in history there joe..

• Advertisement

I'm confused. What is this about? Advertising?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

great bit of free advertising for JM&oB if nothing else, bit o fake outrage and away to the RTE advertising, oops i mean liveline (both seem to do the one job) ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Early footage of Joe doing his bread round in Ballyer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFLBvLxLJMI&feature=player_detailpage

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

What is this one on about?

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm confused. What is this about? Advertising?

Yes that was the initial call but as joe now wanders around the inside of this mans head,and we all lose the will to live,you can see where its all going..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

this aul one is quoting from north korean economic theory.

Breaking News: Woman assumes a deceased Michael Collins would be proud to advertise a loaf of bread.

michael collins + pschic ability = cycle collins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Yeah, I'm sure Michael Collins would be proud to be associated with, say, an Irish dildo company... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Wait now for someone to ring in and say they saw Michael Collins face on their toast this morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement